In which JAR file...?

2004-01-28 03:14:38 AM
jbuilder20
Can someone tell me in which JAR file I would find "COM.BORLAND.JAVAX.SQL"
package?
P.S.: Jbuilder X
Thx

Re:In which JAR file...?

Pete wrote:
Can someone tell me in which JAR file I would find "COM.BORLAND.JAVAX.SQL"
package?

P.S.: Jbuilder X

Thx

You wouldn't find "COM.BORLAND.JAVAX.SQL" in any jar that I know of,
since package names (like most things in Java) are case sensitive.
The "com.borland.javax.sql" package is located in <jbuilder>\lib\beandt.jar
This jar is a part of the pre-defined Data Express library.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:In which JAR file...?

Thx Lori.
Now that I have you interested... Here's what I'm trying to do...Database
connection pooling (Tomcat 4.x)
It works if I set my Server.xml like this:
<Resource name="jdbc/SshrcDB"
auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
<ResourceParams name="jdbc/SshrcDB">
<parameter>
<name>factory</name>
</parameter>
etc...
But won't work if I set it like this:
<Resource name="jdbc/SshrcDB"
auth="Container"
type="com.borland.javax.sql.JdbcDataSource"/>
<ResourceParams name="jdbc/SshrcDB">
<parameter>
<name>factory</name>
<value>com.borland.javax.sql.JdbcConnectionFactory</value>
</parameter>
etc...
Error message I get (from Tomcat):
javax.naming.NamingException: Could not create resource factory instance,
null at
org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceFactory.getObjectInstance(ResourceFactory.
java:146) at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(NamingManager.java:301) at
org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:834) at
org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:181) at
org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:822) at
org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:181) at
org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:822) at
org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:181) at
org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:822) at
org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:194) at
org.apache.naming.SelectorContext.lookup(SelectorContext.java:183) at
javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347) at
logon.LogonDBA.<init>(LogonDBA.java:18) at
logon.LogonService.validateAccessRight(LogonService.java:12) at
logon.LogonAction.execute(LogonAction.java:45) at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProces
sor.java:484) at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:274)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:507) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) at
FilterChain.java:247) at
ain.java:193) at
va:256) at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643) at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995) at
va:191) at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643) at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2416)
at
) at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643) at
java:171) at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641) at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172
) at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641) at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995) at
:174) at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643) at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995) at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223) at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:601)28
-Jan-2004 2:15:47 PM org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor
processExceptionWARNING: Unhandled Exception thrown: class
java.lang.NullPointerException at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:392) at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:565)
at
a:619) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
This error is displayed the first time one of my classes tries to get a
connection like this:
public class LogonDBA {
private Context ctx;
private DataSource ds;
private ResultSet rst;
private Connection conn;
public LogonDBA() {
/* Get DB connection from DBpool */
try {
ctx = new InitialContext();
if(ctx == null) throw new Exception("Boom - No Context");
ds = (DataSource)ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/SshrcDB");
} catch(Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
}
Thx for your help.

Pete wrote:
Now that I have you interested... Here's
what I'm trying to do...Database
connection pooling (Tomcat 4.x)
I'm wondering why you didn't ask this in the
first place? Also, this question is more
appropriate to either servlets-jsp or
enterprise (which include coverage of
Tomcat configuration).
What you are seeing here is that the required
classes are not on the classpath of Tomcat itself.
This is different from the Web app's classpath.
To add libraries (i.e., classes) to the Tomcat
server classpath, go to Tools>Configure Servers.
Choose Tomcat 4.1 and flip to the "Required Libraries"
tab. Add the DataExpress library -- it contains
the beandt.jar, among others.
[...]

Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:
Is it in Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic?