queryDataSet.setEnableInsert(false) also disables arrow key dow

2005-03-03 03:55:16 PM
jbuilder12
When you do not want inserts on the data set, dataSet.setEnableInsert(false), the jdbTable does not respond to arrow key down, even though you have several records to scroll up and down!!!
Am using JBuilder X, what could be the reason
Thank you.

Re:queryDataSet.setEnableInsert(false) also disables arrow key dow

Eric Orilla wrote:
When you do not want inserts on the data set,
dataSet.setEnableInsert(false), the jdbTable does not respond to
arrow key down, even though you have several records to scroll up and
down!!!

Am using JBuilder X, what could be the reason
It seems to be a bug in the JdbTable library. I just tried it with a
JBuilder 2005 application and the bug is there as well. It's not
related to setEnableInsert(); I had two JdbTables going, one with
insert, one with not, and neither of them responded to the down arrow.
Interestingly, they responded to the up arrow.
I'll file a bug in QC.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.

Re:queryDataSet.setEnableInsert(false) also disables arrow key dow

I have also saw this problem. Is there any workaround for it? I think it
will take some time... a lot actually... for Borland to solve this bug. Also
please give us the QC no.
Thanks...
"Kevin Dean [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Eric Orilla wrote:

>When you do not want inserts on the data set,
>dataSet.setEnableInsert(false), the jdbTable does not respond to
>arrow key down, even though you have several records to scroll up and
>down!!!
>
>Am using JBuilder X, what could be the reason

It seems to be a bug in the JdbTable library. I just tried it with a
JBuilder 2005 application and the bug is there as well. It's not
related to setEnableInsert(); I had two JdbTables going, one with
insert, one with not, and neither of them responded to the down arrow.
Interestingly, they responded to the up arrow.

I'll file a bug in QC.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.
www.datadevelopment.com/

NEW WHITEPAPERS
Securing Borland Enterprise Server

info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

{smallsort}

Re:queryDataSet.setEnableInsert(false) also disables arrow key dow

Make your own jdbTable class
and overwrite that one here:
class myTable() {
public myTable() {
unregisterKeyboardAction(KeyStroke.getKeyStroke(KeyEvent.VK_DOWN,
0));
registerKeyboardAction(new AppendRowActionFix(),
KeyStroke.getKeyStroke(KeyEvent.VK_DOWN, 0), JComponent.WHEN_FOCUSED);
}
private class AppendRowActionFix extends AbstractAction {
private AppendRowActionFix() {
super("append-row");
}
DataSet dataSet = SAstable.this.getDataSet();
if (dataSet != null && !dataSet.isEmpty()) {
if (!dataSet.isEditingNewRow()) {
boolean readOnly = false;
if (!isEditable() || dataSet instanceof StorageDataSet) {
readOnly = ((StorageDataSet)dataSet).isReadOnly();
}
else {
readOnly = false;
}
try {
if (!readOnly && dataSet.atLast() && dataSet.isEnableInsert() &&
dataSet.isEditable()) {
dataSet.insertRow(false);
}
else if (!dataSet.atLast()) {
dataSet.next();
}
else {
dataSet.first();
}
} catch (DataSetException ex) {
DBExceptionHandler.handleException(dataSet, SAstable.this, ex);
}
}
}
}
}
}
(This can already be found in this newsgroup ->google)