Stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway

2003-08-14 05:17:14 PM
jbuilder10
I just wanted to confirm this before I get started!
I've programmed in C++/Delphi under Windows for many years but Java is a new
frontier.
If I write a program that runs fine for me in Windows, will it also run
without modification on the Mac?
If it matters - the programs I need to write will involve reading and
writing of files at a binary level, but that's about the most complex thing
they'll need to do. The UIs are very simple indeed.
Thanks in advance,
Gwydi

Re:Stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway

In <3f3b53a6$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Gwydion Elderwyn wrote:
If I write a program that runs fine for me in Windows, will it also
run without modification on the Mac?

If it matters - the programs I need to write will involve reading and
writing of files at a binary level, but that's about the most complex
thing they'll need to do. The UIs are very simple indeed.
Please see the thread "Stupid question" which just started yesterday
or today in the "non-technical" newsgroup -- it discusses exactly
this subject.
Paul Furbacher [TeamB]
Save time, search the archives:
Is it in Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic?