de{*word*81} wont step into other class

2003-11-22 08:02:34 PM
jbuilder8
I am using the Personal Edition of JBuilder. The issue I am having is that although I can debug if another function in another class is called, it will only show a stub-function and won't debug that class.
(The files are both included in the project and within the same package).
I know that in previous versions of JBuilder (v4) this was not a problem.
Is this a bug, a changed feature, or must I active something specifically for this?

Re:de{*word*81} wont step into other class

On 11/22/2003 at 7:02:34 AM, Franken wrote:
I am using the Personal Edition of JBuilder. The issue I am having is
that although I can debug if another function in another class is
called, it will only show a stub-function and won't debug that class.
(The files are both included in the project and within the same
package).
That sounds like it is not finding the source code for that class. My
guess is that something is wrong with your paths or that you have
another verson of the .class file on your classpath.
--
Regards,
John McGrath [TeamB]

"John McGrath [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
On 11/22/2003 at 7:02:34 AM, Franken wrote:

>I am using the Personal Edition of JBuilder. The issue I am having is
>that although I can debug if another function in another class is
>called, it will only show a stub-function and won't debug that class.
>(The files are both included in the project and within the same
>package).

That sounds like it is not finding the source code for that class. My
guess is that something is wrong with your paths or that you have
another verson of the .class file on your classpath.

--
Regards,

John McGrath [TeamB]

Might have something to do with paths. I installed in c:\Program Files\JBuilder. That name contains a space however. I will try with another directory.

{smallsort}

Re:de{*word*81} wont step into other class

I still have a slight problem. After removing and reinstalling the software in a new directory c:\jbuilder9. (For sake of being save I also saved the license file again for in case it was modified).
The program refuse to make any new classes since 'Supertype class cannot be resolved' (of java.lang.Object).
Presumably it has something to do with the pathsettings. Anyone has a suggestion on what I could change?
Thanks for the help

Franken wrote:
I still have a slight problem. After removing and reinstalling the software in a new directory c:\jbuilder9. (For sake of being save I also saved the license file again for in case it was modified).

The program refuse to make any new classes since 'Supertype class cannot be resolved' (of java.lang.Object).

Presumably it has something to do with the pathsettings. Anyone has a suggestion on what I could change?

Thanks for the help

You have a messed up JDK definition. Tools | Configure JDK's. You may
have to delete, and recreate, the JDK.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:de{*word*81} wont step into other class

Lori, I was able to ensure that the programs run as they should. (Thanks).
The original problem still exist. I cannot debug other classes (even if they are part of the same package). I created a new project and tested it with a trivial two sets of classes and still had the same problem. I installed the software on another clean machine: and still the same problem.
How can I verify which directories are being searched for the source files, or do you have a hint on how I can change the directories he looks into?
Thanks
PS (I also have webstart installed on both systems. I presume that should not matter though).

On 11/25/2003 at 7:01:52 AM, Franken wrote:
I created a new project and tested it with a trivial two sets of
classes and still had the same problem.
Why not post the project to the .attachments newsgroup? Then other
people can see what you are working with.