Server configuration

2003-10-11 09:35:41 PM
jbuilder15
Hello,
I have JBuilder pro 8.0.
What is the tab of server configuration for (I should install the server
saparately, on server machine, but I don't understatnd this client side) ?
Can I add configurions other server then the default servers (Which are
Borland enterprise, Sybase enterprise, Tomcat, Generic, Borland, iPlanet,
WebLogic, WebSphere).
What if I want JBOSS, i.e. ?
Thanks :)

Re:Server configuration

Mr. x wrote:
Hello,
I have JBuilder pro 8.0.

What is the tab of server configuration for (I should install the server
saparately, on server machine, but I don't understatnd this client side) ?

If you are developing, generally one runs client and server on the same
machine, to facilitate fast deploys and debugging.
Can I add configurions other server then the default servers (Which are
Borland enterprise, Sybase enterprise, Tomcat, Generic, Borland, iPlanet,
WebLogic, WebSphere).

What if I want JBOSS, i.e. ?

There is an OpenTool that adds JBoss support. Do a Google search on the
.enterprise group (which is where this question should have been
posted), and you will find many references to it.
Thanks :)

--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:Server configuration

Hi,
How can know what configurations are appropriate to implemnet IB server 7.5
referent to setting of my server pc and ibconfig file?
What parameters are appopriate change in ibconfig for a maximun performance
?
There is any paper or something to check ?
Thank in advance.
M.

{smallsort}

Re:Server configuration

Try support.borland.com/entry!default.jspa?externalID=1308
Maximiliano Robaina wrote:

How can know what configurations are appropriate to implemnet IB server 7.5
referent to setting of my server pc and ibconfig file?
What parameters are appopriate change in ibconfig for a maximun performance
?

There is any paper or something to check ?

Thank in advance.
M.

Re:Server configuration

Believe it or not, Borland does not ship InterBase configured for
minimum performance. :) Normally you do not need to change anything
except to set the cache size for the database. If you are having a
specific performance problem you need to provide detailed information
about the problem, number of users, database size and hardware. Also
read www.borland.com/resources/en/pdf/white_papers/tuning_ib.pdf
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Server configuration

Quinn,
When I click the link to the PDF file I get the error "File is damaged
and cannot be repaired." Is it just me or is there a problem?
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Server configuration

It works for me. The link you gave on wwww.borland.com is the same file...
Bill Todd wrote:
Quinn,

When I click the link to the PDF file I get the error "File is damaged
and cannot be repaired." Is it just me or is there a problem?

Re:Server configuration

Interesting. I just tried again twice with both links and the BDN link
works every time while the support link fails every time.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Server configuration

What if you get it from www.borland.com/us/products/interbase?
BTW, I had another support engineer try the support link and it worked
for him too. :-)

Quinn Wildman wrote:
What if you get it from www.borland.com/us/products/interbase?
That link works find. Immediately after trying it I tried the support
link again and got the same error. FWIW, I am using Firefox.

BTW, I had another support engineer try the support link and it
worked for him too. :-)
This is not the first such experience I have had. I am one of a very
small group that cannot listen to BDN radio broadcasts. John Kaster and
I spent quite a bit of time trying to resolve that and could not.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)