JBX - Implement Interface "Wizard" is busted

2004-02-19 01:42:14 PM
jbuilder10
Using: JBuilderX Developer running XP Home Edition
Wizards -->Implement Interface -->
I get a goofy dialog saying:
"Invalid Class"
Selected class is not an interface
But only for MY interfaces, not say java.lang.Runnable
This is really sloppy work for an expensive product - it used to work in
prior versions. This is the second feature I've found in two days of this
product I rely on that used to work in a prior version, but is now broken.
Was this even tested at all? Does Borland even do regression testing?
:(

Re:JBX - Implement Interface "Wizard" is busted

How about posting an example? Did you compile the class
before using the wizard?
"Spencer Roberts" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Using: JBuilderX Developer running XP Home Edition
Wizards -->Implement Interface -->
I get a goofy dialog saying:
"Invalid Class"
Selected class is not an interface
But only for MY interfaces, not say java.lang.Runnable
This is really sloppy work for an expensive product - it
used to work in
prior versions. This is the second feature I've found in two
days of this
product I rely on that used to work in a prior version, but
is now broken.
Was this even tested at all? Does Borland even do regression
testing?
:(

Re:JBX - Implement Interface "Wizard" is busted

Sure. Here is the offending interface that JBuilder thinks is NOT an
interface:
public interface IAbleToThrowExceptionInThread
{
public void addExceptionListener( IExceptionInThreadListener l );
}
Here is IExceptionInThreadListener :
public interface IExceptionInThreadListener
{
/**
*
* @param t The Exception instance
* @param threadInfo The thread throwing the Exception
* @param sourceOrData The object running in the thread or data
*/
public void onExceptionWithinThread(
Throwable t, Thread threadInfo, Object sourceOrData );
}
Of course I compiled the classes. In fact, JBX is forcing me to rebuild both
projects enirely in order for the dependent project to see ANY class in the
other (please see previous post).
TIA

news:40344c92$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Using: JBuilderX Developer running XP Home Edition

Wizards -->Implement Interface -->

I get a goofy dialog saying:

"Invalid Class"
Selected class is not an interface

But only for MY interfaces, not say java.lang.Runnable

This is really sloppy work for an expensive product - it
used to work in
prior versions. This is the second feature I've found in two
days of this
product I rely on that used to work in a prior version, but
is now broken.

Was this even tested at all? Does Borland even do regression
testing?

:(

{smallsort}

Re:JBX - Implement Interface "Wizard" is busted

I created your two interfaces, used the New Class wizard,
then Implement Interface. There was no problem implementing
either interface in the class.
I then created a new project, created a library to point at
the output path of the first project, added that library as
a required library, and was again able to use the Implement
Interface wizard with no problem using those interfaces.
[...]

I can do the same thing - sometimes. It is an intermittent problem, but it
fails more often than it succeeds. I suspect it is related to the other
problems with the jar files or classpath. I have been using this product for
a relatively long time - since version 4, and this has never happened
before.

news:40345405$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

news:4034503f$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...