javacc and JBuilderX

2004-04-22 07:59:09 PM
jbuilder7
Hi,
the javacc opentool does not work on JBuilderX. Parts of the grammar are
invisible.
Does anybody know a workaround to use javacc in JBuilderX?
Best regards,
Carsten Hammer

Re:javacc and JBuilderX

Carsten Hammer wrote:
the javacc opentool does not work on JBuilderX.
Parts of the grammar are invisible.
Does anybody know a workaround to use javacc in JBuilderX?
By chance, did you consult the newsgroup archives.
I did some investigative work on how to get the
JavaCC Open Tool to work in more recent versions
of JBuilder.
Search Tamaracka using
^jbuilder javacc furbacher
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:

Re:javacc and JBuilderX

Thanks for this. I found your article at
groups.google.com/groups&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&threadm=20031008034439576-0400%40newsgroups.borland.com&rnum=2&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Djbuilder%2Bjavacc%2Bfurbacher%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26safe%3Doff%26selm%3D20031008034439576-0400%2540newsgroups.borland.com%26rnum%3D2
I did the 5 modifications and still have bad luck editing my own jj files.
Most standard files work though. So I have to stay with JBuilder7 for now.
There I do not have such problems.
Is there a way to debug an opentool from within the JBuilder it is running
on?
Best regards,
Carsten Hammer
"Paul Furbacher [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Carsten Hammer wrote:

>the javacc opentool does not work on JBuilderX.
>Parts of the grammar are invisible.
>Does anybody know a workaround to use javacc in JBuilderX?

By chance, did you consult the newsgroup archives.
I did some investigative work on how to get the
JavaCC Open Tool to work in more recent versions
of JBuilder.

Search Tamaracka using

^jbuilder javacc furbacher

--

Paul Furbacher (TeamB)

Save time, search the archives:

Is it in Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic?

Thank you.

{smallsort}

Re:javacc and JBuilderX

Carsten Hammer wrote:
I did the 5 modifications and still have bad luck editing my own jj files.
Most standard files work though. So I have to stay with JBuilder7 for now.
There I do not have such problems.
Is there a way to debug an opentool from within the JBuilder it is running
on?
Yes. If you have the source code, create a project,
adding the OpenToolsSDK to the required libraries.
Then, create a runtime configuration of type "OpenTool".
In the "JBuilder parameters:" edit box, enter
-verbose
Give the configuration a name.
Run it. Set breakpoints at points of interest.
You can even use HotSwap. (I spend a lot of
time in the de{*word*81} when developing Open Tools
because the "Evaluate/Modify" is sometimes the
best source of information on what a primetime
or borland class is doing.)