Jbuilder 2006 doesn't generate an exe file in WIN

2005-11-22 05:38:09 PM
jbuilder11
Hi,
I converted a jbuilder 7 project to V2006 today and just found out that Jbuilder 2006 wouldn't generate an exe as part of the archive ( it did generate a jar file though).
To exactly mimick jbuilder 7 project environment within V2006, I even revert to jdk 1.3 that was used in the jbuilder 7 project.
Any idea?
Sun

Re:Jbuilder 2006 doesn't generate an exe file in WIN

Sun Kim wrote:
I converted a jbuilder 7 project to V2006 today and just found out that
Jbuilder 2006 wouldn't generate an exe as part of the archive ( it did
generate a jar file though).

To exactly mimick jbuilder 7 project environment within V2006, I even
revert to jdk 1.3 that was used in the jbuilder 7 project.
Under "File | New | Archive" select "Executable JAR".
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.

Re:Jbuilder 2006 doesn't generate an exe file in WIN

Kevin,
You solved that puzzle for me. Now, it works.
One thing that still bothers me though is that the archive file has a flag in its property that it should generate an exe. Of course this isn't true - it did nothing.
I had to make a 'separate' executable jar following your advise.
So that flag must be a remnant from the past???
Best Regards,
Sun

{smallsort}

Sun Kim wrote:
Kevin,
You solved that puzzle for me. Now, it works.
One thing that still bothers me though is that the archive file has a flag in its property that it should generate an exe. Of course this isn't true - it did nothing.

I had to make a 'separate' executable jar following your advise.
So that flag must be a remnant from the past???

Best Regards,

Sun
Yes. Something in there changed a couple of versions ago. JBuilder
2006 == Jbuilder 12. The jump from 7 to 12 is a stretch. In some
cases, it's easier to "Create New Project from Source", than it is to
migrate the old projects with all these little glitches.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]