specifying path for native code

2007-02-22 05:00:57 AM
jbuilder0
I have Java code that is dependant on third party native code (dll). How do I specify the path to the native code?

Re:specifying path for native code

matt wrote:
I have Java code that is dependant on third party native code (dll). How
do I specify the path to the native code?
The system property java.library.path specifies where to search for DLL's.
It defaults to the Windows path with perhaps some additional directories specific to the Java environment. You can specify your own path on the command line with the -D option.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.

matt wrote:
I have Java code that is dependant on third party native code (dll). How do I specify the path to the native code?
In addition to what Kevin said, you could use a property file to point
to the DLL. Extremely useful, if you are going to deploy to other machines.

{smallsort}