Project from CVS / For Existing Source Package Issue

2003-10-25 12:07:21 AM
jbuilder3
Hi,
I'm trying to create a project from source exported from CVS. The
exported source looks fine, and the package structure shows up in the
project, however, JBuilder cannot resolve any references to the source
packages within the code. for example, if I have a source file in
org.foo.bar that imports some class in org.foo.bar.ui, JBuilder can't
resolve the import statement, even though org.foo.bar.ui is in the
project structure under the same source root. Maddeningly enough, the
helper popup even finds the package path to org.foo.bar.ui.SomeClass,
when I start typing an import statement, then JBuilder promptly tells me
it doesn't exist. What am I doing wrong here?
Thanks in advance,
Bill Hastings

Re:Project from CVS / For Existing Source Package Issue

Bill Hastings wrote:

I'm trying to create a project from source exported from CVS. The
exported source looks fine, and the package structure shows up in the
project, however, JBuilder cannot resolve any references to the source
packages within the code. for example, if I have a source file in
org.foo.bar that imports some class in org.foo.bar.ui, JBuilder can't
resolve the import statement, even though org.foo.bar.ui is in the
project structure under the same source root. Maddeningly enough, the
helper popup even finds the package path to org.foo.bar.ui.SomeClass,
when I start typing an import statement, then JBuilder promptly tells me
it doesn't exist. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance,

Bill Hastings

That's very strange. Perhaps you could run "JBuilder.exe" instead of
JBuilderW.exe, and tell us if you get any exceptions in the console?
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)