copy signed jar

2007-06-26 12:01:19 PM
jbuilder11
Hello
Is there a way in JB05(yes slow to change), to just simply copy a signed
jar to a specific directory. Everything is working correctly,except
this and I would prefer not to have to figure out an ant script and not
break everything else. tia.

Re:copy signed jar

cpanon wrote:
Hello
Is there a way in JB05(yes slow to change), to just simply copy a signed
jar to a specific directory. Everything is working correctly,except this
and I would prefer not to have to figure out an ant script and not break
everything else. tia.
There's no "copy" task in JBuilder 2005. Is there a reason you need a
duplicate? If not, you can simply set the target directory of the JAR
file to be its final directory rather than the default set by JBuilder.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.

Re:copy signed jar

Hi Kevin
I am loading an applet in a jsp. The jars I need are being copied
automatically to the ...WEB-INF/lib, however I need them in the same
location as my jsp, ...WEB-INF. I can path to them in the /lib
directory, however I expecting to be able to place them where I want them.
I cant, I believe, wrap them in another jar, as they are signed by a
third party and will fail.
Kevin Dean [TeamB] wrote:
cpanon wrote:

>Hello
>Is there a way in JB05(yes slow to change), to just simply copy a
>signed jar to a specific directory. Everything is working
>correctly,except this and I would prefer not to have to figure out an
>ant script and not break everything else. tia.

There's no "copy" task in JBuilder 2005. Is there a reason you need a
duplicate? If not, you can simply set the target directory of the JAR
file to be its final directory rather than the default set by JBuilder.

{smallsort}

Re:copy signed jar

cpanon wrote:
I am loading an applet in a jsp. The jars I need are being copied
automatically to the ...WEB-INF/lib, however I need them in the same
location as my jsp, ...WEB-INF. I can path to them in the /lib directory,
however I expecting to be able to place them where I want them.
I cant, I believe, wrap them in another jar, as they are signed by a third
party and will fail.
You could include all classes in another JAR, which will strip signing
information off, but embedding the entire JAR will likely cause problems.
I've also noticed problems with applications where different JARs are
signed with different certificates.
What I normally do in these circumstances is create a separate web
application call "lib" that I copy all the library JARs into. I then
configure "lib" to be built manually, as it will seldom change. That way,
your applet tag can refer to "/myapp/the_applet.jar" with library
references to "/lib/some_library.jar".
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.
www.datadevelopment.com/
info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Re:copy signed jar

Hi, I know this worked in JBuilderX-Ent and works in JBuilder 2006-Ent, but
why not add an external build task? (File|New|Build|External Build Task).
You didn't mention which version of JB2005 you have, I'm not sure whether
this works in Foundation or Developer versions.
Assuming you're using windows?
In the "program" box type :-cmd /C copy
In the "parameters" box type :-($ProjectDir)\xxxxxx.jar ($OutputDir)
If you click "macro" you have a choice of parameterised input and output
directories or you can hard code them.
I set my "phase" to post-compile
Arth