Help! Desperate Marcom Admin on hook to create new applet! No training! Deadline NOW! YIKES!

2005-04-07 07:14:32 AM
jbuilder5
I am a marketing assistant having a problem with applet code to execute an actionListener event needs a quick resolution for a person with no programming training who is under a lot of pressure to perform by a boss with an agenda!
Financial statement are to be posted to a textField. Code for button execution currently looks like this:
Button button1 = new Button():
.
.
.
button1.setLabel("EXECUTE");
button1.setBounds(new Rectangle (21,545, 142, 24));
button1.addActionListener(new Applet1_button1actionAdapter(this));
.
.
.
this.add(button1, null);
.
.
.
//Get Applet information
public String getAppletInfo()) { return "Applet Information";
//Get parameter info
public String[][] getParameterInfo() {
return null;
}
public boid button1_actionPerformed(ActionEvent e) {
}
}
class Applet1_button1_actionAdapter
implements ActionListener {
private Applet1 adaptee;
Applet1_button1_actionAdapter(Applet1 adaptee) {
this.adaptee = adaptee;
public void button1_actionPerformed(ActionEvent e) {
adaptee.button1_actionPerformed(e);
//get the input values from the Text Field(s)to create a break even budget analysis and 3 year projections--calculations are to appear in a text area as per textArea1.append("\nNet Profit 3 Years Cume:\t" + nf.format(np)));
.
.
.
class Applet1_button1_actionAdapter
implements java.awt.event.ActionListener {
Applet1 adaptee;
Applet1 button1_actionAdapter(Applet1 adaptee) {
this.adaptee = adaptee;
} THIS IS WHERE THE DE{*word*81} SAYS SOMETHING IS EXPECTED: EITHER A ")" OR A ";", BUT THAT MAKES OTHER LITTLE RED BOMBS SHOW UP!!
adaptee.Button1_actionPerformed(e);
}
}
I AM SORRY TO POST SUCH A KNUCKLEHEADED QUESTION
My boss expects this to be easy and doesn't care that I don't know how to program java and all I have for teaching is an old version of someone else's code in a different version of Java. I just downloaded JBuilder Developer Trial (last night) and my job is on the line. Java for Dummies does not use the same version as this! If someone knows how to do this and is willing to take pity on a hapless marketing assistant it will save my keester. I think the deployment sourcecode notes here for making the jar file are also for the wrong version, but I am not sure . . .:-(
Thank you in advance for your compassion and help. I am way stressing with no clues.
Kristin