JBuilder & LINUX

2003-09-16 02:56:27 AM
jbuilder2
I think I will have to install jbuilder on LINUX.
My knowledge about linux is very limited.
Is there a manual or some tutorial how to intall it.

Re:JBuilder & LINUX

Petar wrote:
I think I will have to install jbuilder on LINUX.

My knowledge about linux is very limited.

Is there a manual or some tutorial how to intall it.

Basically, if you install on one of the supported Linux distro's, it
_should_ just work. The install instructions that come with the product
documentation just work. That was certainly the case for me, on a stock
SuSE 8.2 distro.
If you install on an unsupported distro, you may or may not have
problems. If you get an error on install, then the quickest way to find
a solution is to Google on the ...jbuilder.linux newsgroup, because most
of the errors and permutations have been posted and dissected and
solutions provided.
Good luck. And if you come up with a _new_ error, just post in that
linux group, because there's usually one or two linux geeks answering
questions in there.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:JBuilder & LINUX

hi,
On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:56:27 +0200, Petar wrote:
I think I will have to install jbuilder on LINUX.
i'm using JBuilder 8.0 and 9.0 under debian 3.0 sid.
My knowledge about linux is very limited.
Is there a manual or some tutorial how to intall it.
which distribution have you?
good luck
marcin

{smallsort}