JBuilder 2006 and WebLogic 8 SP5

2006-01-10 02:42:23 AM
jbuilder16
Hello,
I am trying to create an EAR file with JBuilder 2006 for deployment in
WebLogic 8 SP5. The EJB components in this EAR uses some thirdparty
libraries - like Log4J, Xerces, etc. and these libraries must be in the
APP-INF/lib folder (right?) to be visible by the EJB components.
Unfortunately the only way, I found, to acheive this is to create manually
APP-INF folder and its lib descendant. The problem is that if I rebuild the
EAR JBuilder removes this folder.
Any ideas how to make JBuilder to generate APP-INF folder automatically?
Thanks,
Emil

Re:JBuilder 2006 and WebLogic 8 SP5

Right Click on the EAR module and choose properties.
Under "Other" you can pick files from your local file system to put in the EAR. On the right hand side, add APP-INF/lib in front of the JAR file names.
This will do the trick and won't get wiped out b/t builds.
As an aside, this is something JBuilder should really do automatically, based on the settings under Dependencies, kind of like how for WARs it stuffs included dependencies under WEB-INF/lib for you.
Using "Other" works, but is REALLY tedious!