Connect with an MS Access database

2003-10-02 06:35:38 AM
jbuilder9
Hello. I nee to connect to a MS Access database, but don't know which
driver to install or use.
Can you guys help me with this?
Thank you.

Re:Connect with an MS Access database

The first that you need is make a DSN connection to your access file. You
must make it at the ODBC admin.
Then you only must declare this:
Database database1 = new Database();
database1.setConnection(new
com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.ConnectionDescriptor("jdbc:odbc:DSN-CONNECTION",
"", "", false, "sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"));
Then you can use this database to define you querydatasets.
Sorry for my english, I hope you can understand me.
Luis Mediero
"Mynor Paredes" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escribi?en el mensaje
Hello. I nee to connect to a MS Access database, but don't know which
driver to install or use.
Can you guys help me with this?

Thank you.

Re:Connect with an MS Access database

Mil gracias Luis. Funcion?perfectamente.
Saludos,
Mynor Paredes

news:3f7b56b9$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Hello. I nee to connect to a MS Access database, but don't know which
>driver to install or use.
>Can you guys help me with this?
>
>Thank you.

{smallsort}

Re:Connect with an MS Access database

Check the Jbuilder manual titled "building database" and you will find a
good example of how to connect to a database. Then apply the trick you get
from the book
to your access database.
It's very simple if you want me to explain it further more let me know
Osuman