Running Applications from within Java

2005-07-22 03:53:48 AM
jbuilder16
I have an application which launches excel - it does this fine but I
need it to be part of the application, rather than a separate app.
Currently Excel appears on the screen but if I click on the original app
it dissapears into the background - ideally I would like it to be
contained in a JDialog - is this possible ?

Re:Running Applications from within Java

Anton Jungreuthmayer wrote:
I have an application which launches excel - it does this fine but I
need it to be part of the application, rather than a separate app.
Currently Excel appears on the screen but if I click on the original
app it dissapears into the background - ideally I would like it to be
contained in a JDialog - is this possible ?
It sounds like you're trying to embed a Windows document into a Java
program, something that I don't think is possible, unless someone has
done a lot of work to expose the OLE2 API to Java.
Furthermore, this is the dbSwing group. Please post in the appropriate
group; it makes it easier for the right person to see it. Follow-ups
have been set to java.api.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.

Kevin Dean [TeamB] wrote:
Anton Jungreuthmayer wrote:

>I have an application which launches excel - it does this fine but I
>need it to be part of the application, rather than a separate app.
>Currently Excel appears on the screen but if I click on the original
>app it dissapears into the background - ideally I would like it to be
>contained in a JDialog - is this possible ?

It sounds like you're trying to embed a Windows document into a Java
program, something that I don't think is possible, unless someone has
done a lot of work to expose the OLE2 API to Java.

Furthermore, this is the dbSwing group. Please post in the appropriate
group; it makes it easier for the right person to see it. Follow-ups
have been set to java.api.

JacoZoom from www.infozoom.de/ does what's being requested.

{smallsort}

Jonathan Warrington wrote: