Why does JB9.0 use Deprecated function "mouseEnter"?

2003-09-17 02:07:40 AM
jbuilder13
Hello all:
I review sun java sdk document this morning and got some strange
questions.
I got the following document from online SDK DOC
mouseEnter(Event, int, int) - Method in class java.awt.Component
Deprecated. As of JDK version 1.1, replaced by
processMouseEvent(MouseEvent).
After I add a JButton to a JPanel and override the mouseEntered
function, the JB9.0 automatically
creates some code module like this:
JButton jButton4 = new JButton();
jButton4.setBounds(new Rectangle(102, 130, 96, 51));
jButton4.setText("jButton4");
jButton4.addMouseListener(new java.awt.event.MouseAdapter() {
public void mouseEntered(MouseEvent e) {
jButton4_mouseEntered(e);
}
});
contentPane.add(jButton4, null);
In my understanding, the mouseEntered function is Deprecated, so why JB9.0
continues to use
it when it creates code module.
thank you
-Daniel

Re:Why does JB9.0 use Deprecated function "mouseEnter"?

JBuilder auto-discovers all available event handlers and creates entries for
them on the "Events" tab in the designer, whether they are deprecated or
not. The decision to use the deprecated event handler is up to the
programmer, not JBuilder.
--
Check out our latest white papers at
BladeNET Scores With Borland Enterprise Tools
"Daniel Mark" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
[...]

You're discussing two different methods. One is the Component class's
mouseEnter (no "ed") method. That one is deprecated. The one in the
code sample you showed is the MouseListener interface's mouseEntered
method. That one is not deprecated.
--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)

{smallsort}

Re:Why does JB9.0 use Deprecated function "mouseEnter"?

Dear Gillmer:
You answer really help me figure it out.
Thank you very very much!
-Daniel
news:3f675104$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...