Re: monster ad

2005-10-27 08:53:30 PM
jbuilder5
George wrote:
I saw an ad in Monster that says a bank in NY wants a senior Swing
programmer and the salary is listed as 190K.

It doesn't say per annum :-) but.....

Anyone know Swing programmers who make that much?
No, but I would like to :)
Salaries are much higher in NYC than in many other places due to the cost of
living and taxes.
I had one offer there a few years ago, for over 200K. Compare cost of living
and taxes in NYC to Atlanta however. 200K is like 100-110K in Atlanta.

Re:Re: monster ad

George wrote:
I saw an ad in Monster that says a bank in NY wants a senior Swing
programmer and the salary is listed as 190K.

It doesn't say per annum :-) but.....

Anyone know Swing programmers who make that much?

Only in my dreams... ;-)
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:Re: monster ad

George < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
<436133de$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
I saw an ad in Monster that says a bank in NY wants a senior Swing
programmer and the salary is listed as 190K
I suspect "Swing" programming ability is only part of the total requirements.
--
Everything in this post is mere opinion.
It might be very well formed opinion based