Database Pilot with Interbase

2003-07-22 02:27:32 PM
jbuilder21
Hi, all
I installed Interbase 7.1 on Linux (RedHat 7.3). I used Database Pilot (come with JBuilder 8) on W2K as client app.
I could connect to Interbase from Database Pilot. I also could get the right result when I executed SQL command in Database Pilot.
But when I try to insert/update/delete data in the db grid of Database Pilot, it didn't work, or even throw following message:
DataSet has no unique row identifiers.
Note: For QueryDataSets you need to disable metaDataUpdate.ROWID in the MetaDataUpdate property, in addition to setting the RowId property on a column.
Is that possible to disable the property in Database pilot?
Thanks for your reply.

Re:Database Pilot with Interbase

I found this FQA community.borland.com/article/0,1410,19151,0.html
Uhhhh.....I think we can't change Database pilot, so what can I do to fix such problem?

In < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Yoyo Chen wrote:
I found this FQA community.borland.com/article/0,1410,19151,0.
html Uhhhh.....I think we can't change Database pilot, so what can I
do to fix such problem?
Write a little app with a JDBTable and JDBNavigator...<G>
John..
--
TeamB are volunteer helpers. Please do not email replies or questions.

{smallsort}

Re:Database Pilot with Interbase

The Interbase table you are working with needs a unique row identifier which
can be either:
1) a primary key
2) a unique secondary index.