OracleResultSet, ProcedureDataSet ...

2003-08-26 09:42:50 PM
jbuilder16
Hi guys !
Question: in function I use 'OracleCallableStatement' and
after execute have 'OracleResultSet'. How can I create 'TableModel' or 'DataSet' for use it in JdbTable ? Is it possible ? Or exists another way by using 'ProcedureDataSet' and
'ParameterRow' ? And how can to pass with that array of user-defined types ?
Thanks in advance.
Konstantin.

Re:OracleResultSet, ProcedureDataSet ...

In <3f4b63da$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Konstantin wrote:

Hi guys !

Question: in function I use 'OracleCallableStatement' and
after execute have 'OracleResultSet'. How can I create 'TableModel' or
'DataSet' for use it in JdbTable ? Is it possible ? Or exists another
way by using 'ProcedureDataSet' and 'ParameterRow' ? And how can to
pass with that array of user-defined types ?

Thanks in advance.
Konstantin.

You might want to lookup "OracleProcedureProvider" I think this will
provide the tool you need.
John..
--
+++++++++++++++++++++++
TeamB are volunteer helpers. Please do not email replies or questions.

Re:OracleResultSet, ProcedureDataSet ...

Hi John !
Thanks, but when I try to use "OracleProcedureProvider"
I get exception "Bad type of column" (a model version from russian message). I think that Borland's classes can not properly process Oracle types ... As parameters of PL/SQL function I use array of structs. Otherwise, when use "OracleCallableStatement" from oracle package - all is ok ! But in this case I force create dataset manually ... :(((
Would you help me, John ???
Thanks ahead, Konstantin.

{smallsort}

In <3f4db35d$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Konstantin wrote:

Hi John !
Thanks, but when I try to use "OracleProcedureProvider"
I get exception "Bad type of column" (a model version from russian
message). I think that Borland's classes can not properly process
Oracle types ... As parameters of PL/SQL function I use array of
structs. Otherwise, when use "OracleCallableStatement" from oracle
package - all is ok ! But in this case I force create dataset manually ... :(((
Would you help me, John ???

Thanks ahead, Konstantin.
Well your problem is not where you think it is... Remember, It is
the driver not DX that interprets the SQL and formats it for the
database. Also there is no java equilvant datatype called "array of
structs" therefore you have a problem right here..<G>. I would repost
this in the Oracle newsgroups and see if Oracle created a special class
to handle this datatype..
John..
--