InterClient Setup

2005-02-17 09:04:56 PM
jbuilder2
Hello,
I have JBuilder 2005 Foundation on my computer. I try to develop database
application with Interbase Server. To do this, I installed Interbase and
InterClient. When I try to setup this InterClient (jdbc driver) to use with
JBuilder, I need to use the Enterprise/Enterprise Setup menu item. But this
menu item is disabled in my JBuilder. I want to ask why it is disabled. is
it because of Foundation Edition?
I would be gratefull, if you could answer this question.
Regards,
Serafettin

Re:InterClient Setup

In <4214968d$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Serafettin Senturk wrote:
Hello,

I have JBuilder 2005 Foundation on my computer. I try to develop
database application with Interbase Server. To do this, I installed
Interbase and InterClient. When I try to setup this InterClient (jdbc
driver) to use with JBuilder, I need to use the Enterprise/Enterprise
Setup menu item. But this menu item is disabled in my JBuilder. I want
to ask why it is disabled. is it because of Foundation Edition?
Yes the enterprise features are disabled.. But technically you don't
need it.. it can be done by hand..
1)You need to create a library for your driver..
2) Then "addpath" to your jbuilder.conf and dbpilot.conf files
You should be good to go...
John..
TeamB are volunteer helpers. Please DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL!
Post all questions and replies to this newsgroup ONLY
For papers on DataExpress, Applets, JSP, and Web Development go to:
www.microps.com/mps/paperFAQ.html