question regard using firebird and postgresql at the same time

2005-01-14 11:20:01 PM
jbuilder1
This is my school project. can someone tell me what can i do so that i can
use both database.. actually not the same time, but it should know how to
switch... Can anyone give me an idea of how to make that possible?
thanks

Re:question regard using firebird and postgresql at the same time

This newsgroup is for JBuilder products; without a more specific question
(i.e. what you are trying to do with these databases in JBuilder), we really
can't give you an answer. However, I'm going to assume that you want to
write a Java application that connects to both database simultaneously. If
that is the case, all you really need to do is add their JDBC connectors as
libraries to your project and create connections for each of them in your
program.
A good JDBC tutorial may be found on Sun's web site at:
java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/jdbc/index.html
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Check out our latest white papers at
"Rie" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
This is my school project. can someone tell me what can i do so that i can
use both database.. actually not the same time, but it should know how to
switch... Can anyone give me an idea of how to make that possible?
thanks

Re:question regard using firebird and postgresql at the same time

Sorry for that.. i though i can ask anything about database using jbuilder.
anyway thanks for your help
"Kevin Dean [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >glsD
: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>This is my school project. can someone tell me what can i do so that i
can
>use both database.. actually not the same time, but it should know how
>switch... Can anyone give me an idea of how to make that possible?
>thanks

{smallsort}

Re:question regard using firebird and postgresql at the same time

You're welcome to ask questions about using databases with JBuilder; the
question in your original post simply wasn't specific enough. Hopefully the
material in my original message was helpful.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.
www.datadevelopment.com/