MessageView and collapseMessage tree - JBX/CBX

2004-05-10 03:05:54 PM
jbuilder3
Hi
Has anyone some examples how to deal with a message tree.
I can't get the tree to collapse.
My code in short form....
Message root=new Message("root");
MessageView.addMessage( MessageCategory,root);
Message leaf=new Message("leaf");
MessageView.addMessage( MessageCategory,root,leaf);
MessageView.collapseMessage(MessageCategory,root);
/Thanks

Re:MessageView and collapseMessage tree - JBX/CBX

Johny Lada wrote:
Hi

Has anyone some examples how to deal with a message tree.
I can't get the tree to collapse.

My code in short form....

Message root=new Message("root");
MessageView.addMessage( MessageCategory,root);
Message leaf=new Message("leaf");
MessageView.addMessage( MessageCategory,root,leaf);
MessageView.collapseMessage(MessageCategory,root);

/Thanks

The MessageView seems to collapse ok after it has been
completely visible. There seems to be a delayed render
process and before that you can't do anything with the tree.
How can I control this and how do I wait for it.

Johny Lada wrote:
Johny Lada wrote:

>Hi
>
>Has anyone some examples how to deal with a message tree.
>I can't get the tree to collapse.
>
>My code in short form....
>
>Message root=new Message("root");
>MessageView.addMessage( MessageCategory,root);
>Message leaf=new Message("leaf");
>MessageView.addMessage( MessageCategory,root,leaf);
>MessageView.collapseMessage(MessageCategory,root);
>
>/Thanks

The MessageView seems to collapse ok after it has been
completely visible. There seems to be a delayed render
process and before that you can't do anything with the tree.

How can I control this and how do I wait for it.

What needs to be added is that there is a separate thread
which adds all the message. If I put it to sleep for a
couple of seconds everything works okay. It not the best
solution. I would prefer to know when the tree is
finished with the layout work.

{smallsort}