Proguard Obfuscator

2004-05-24 08:13:12 PM
jbuilder1
Hi!
I wanted to use Proguard in a JBuilder project instead of the supplied
Retroguard. I tried to install it into JBuilder using the Configure
Obfuscators tool, but when I try to add a new obfuscator and point to the
Proguard directory I get a message saying that "The directory selected is
not a valid obfuscator home".
Does anybody know how can I use Proguard within Jbuilder?
I use Jbuilder 8
Carlos

Re:Proguard Obfuscator

Barel wrote:
Hi!

I wanted to use Proguard in a JBuilder project instead of the supplied
Retroguard. I tried to install it into JBuilder using the Configure
Obfuscators tool, but when I try to add a new obfuscator and point to the
Proguard directory I get a message saying that "The directory selected is
not a valid obfuscator home".

Does anybody know how can I use Proguard within Jbuilder?

I use Jbuilder 8

Carlos

This seems to be an opentool that does what you want:
opentools.mot.net.tw/JarUtil/index.htm
Otherwise, and upgrade to JBX might be in order, since that is the
version to which Proguard support was added:
info.borland.com/techpubs/jbuilder/jbuilderx/introjb/whatsnew.html
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:Proguard Obfuscator

"Configure Obfuscators" is only for J2ME development.
Mike
"Barel" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hi!

I wanted to use Proguard in a JBuilder project instead of the supplied
Retroguard. I tried to install it into JBuilder using the Configure
Obfuscators tool, but when I try to add a new obfuscator and point to the
Proguard directory I get a message saying that "The directory selected is
not a valid obfuscator home".

Does anybody know how can I use Proguard within Jbuilder?

I use Jbuilder 8

Carlos

{smallsort}

Re:Proguard Obfuscator

Am Mon, 24 May 2004 09:49:51 -0600 schrieb Lori M Olson (TeamB):
Barel wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I wanted to use Proguard in a JBuilder project instead of the supplied
>Retroguard. I tried to install it into JBuilder using the Configure
>Obfuscators tool, but when I try to add a new obfuscator and point to the
>Proguard directory I get a message saying that "The directory selected is
>not a valid obfuscator home".
>
>Does anybody know how can I use Proguard within Jbuilder?
>
>I use Jbuilder 8
>
>Carlos

This seems to be an opentool that does what you want:

opentools.mot.net.tw/JarUtil/index.htm

Otherwise, and upgrade to JBX might be in order, since that is the
version to which Proguard support was added:

info.borland.com/techpubs/jbuilder/jbuilderx/introjb/whatsnew.html
The JarUtil OpenTool should work with JBuilder 8.For the borland
integration of ProGuard you have to buy at leastadeveloper license. In
addition this targets only developers for J2ME.
Another possibility is to use the ANT integration that comes along with
proguard.
/Dirk