JDK Files

2004-02-13 04:54:23 AM
jbuilder4
Is there an easy way to read information from JDK files through the
JDKPathSet or LibKit classes?
Thanks, Bob

Re:JDK Files

Bob Moll wrote:
Is there an easy way to read information from JDK files through the
JDKPathSet or LibKit classes?
What do you mean by "read information"? What kind
of info do you want to access?
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:

Re:JDK Files

We are looking at providing some custom information in the JDK specification
and would prefer to access the information through OpenTools. If this is not
available, we can process the XML file.
Bob

{smallsort}

Re:JDK Files

Bob Moll wrote:
We are looking at providing some custom information in the JDK specification
and would prefer to access the information through OpenTools. If this is not
available, we can process the XML file.
I think what Paul means is that it's hard to answer your question
without more details about exactly what you're trying to access. For
example, if you want to know the home path of the JDK, then you can
indeed access it through the JDKPathSet class:
Url homePath = jdkPathSet.getHomePath();
On the other hand, if you want the version number of the JDK, I think
you can't. At least not in general. You could parse the name, but
that's not guaranteed to work if the user changes the name.
If your question is simply, "Is there an easy way to read information
from JDK files through the JDKPathSet or LibKit classes?" then the
answer is yes.
--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)

Re:JDK Files

We are looking at reading the information contained in the customJDK,
similar to the information in the J2ME wireless toolkit. For example, how
would you read the micro_profile property, taken from the J2ME wireless
toolkit 2.0 JDK definintion file.
<customJDK>
<category name="micro">
<property name="micro_profile">MIDP-2.0</property>

Re:JDK Files

Bob Moll wrote:
We are looking at reading the information contained in the customJDK,
similar to the information in the J2ME wireless toolkit. For example, how
would you read the micro_profile property, taken from the J2ME wireless
toolkit 2.0 JDK definintion file.
I don't know if there's a better way, but you could use the getProperty
method.
String p = jdkPathSet.getProperty("micro", "micro_profile");
--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)

Re:JDK Files

Bob Moll wrote:
We are looking at providing some custom information in the JDK specification
and would prefer to access the information through OpenTools. If this is not
available, we can process the XML file.
Okay, I see the source of misunderstanding:
I was thinking JDK files to mean .class files
in the JDK distribution, when you were thinking
JDK files as in JBuilder .library files.
I think Gillmer has answered your questions.
Sorry for the initial misunderstanding.