Async I/O with Jbuilder 2005

2005-01-28 10:09:42 AM
jbuilder5
I need to do some Serial IO through USB ports to a cellular phone. I've been looking at the help files and all I can find is file and network IO libs....I did find javax.comm while browsing the internet but it doesn't seem to be part of JBUILDER 2005.. Any insight or code snippets would help.
Thanks in advance....R. Prichard - Motorol MBD

Re:Async I/O with Jbuilder 2005

R. Prichard wrote:

I need to do some Serial IO through USB ports to a cellular phone.
I've been looking at the help files and all I can find is file and
network IO libs....I did find javax.comm while browsing the internet
but it doesn't seem to be part of JBUILDER 2005.. Any insight or code
snippets would help.

Thanks in advance....R. Prichard - Motorol MBD
I'm assuming that you want to use the cellular phone's internal modem.
If that is the case, the connection to the USB port will be assigned a
COM port number. You should be able to use the javax.comm package to
manipulate the cellular phone modem just as you would any other.
You can find everything you need here:
java.sun.com/products/javacomm/
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]