Running an App

2003-11-12 02:23:58 AM
jbuilder6
i am writing an application in jbuilder, and need to know how to run the app on a pc w/out jbuilder installed

Re:Running an App

Scott wrote:

i am writing an application in jbuilder, and need to know how to run the
app on a pc w/out jbuilder installed
Create a jar file for the final application/applet. Make sure to include all
dependencies in the jar, by checking off each required library in the jar
builder and employ the "ALWAYS INCLUDE ALL CLASSES AND RESOURCES" option
for each included and listed library. That will make the jar self-contained
(ie all resources will be contained in the jar and therefore available on
the application's classpath).
You can, after you build the jar, use the native builder to make a native
.exe or .bin file for the platforms you are deplying to. I have had some
problems with the native .bin builder on RedHat however, so do not fully
trsut the native builder until you have tested it. The .jar file, of
course, works flawlessly.

Re:Running an App

i want to run an application on a pc w/out jbuilder. how is this possible?
i am lost and any suggestions would be great.
i did create a .jar file, but don't know what to do w/it from here.
thanks scott

{smallsort}

Re:Running an App

"Scott" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
i want to run an application on a pc w/out jbuilder. how is this possible?
i am lost and any suggestions would be great.
i did create a .jar file, but don't know what to do w/it from here.
If you packed it as an "application" using the Archive wizard, you can
run it using "java -jar myapp.jar". Otherwise, use "java -classpath
myapp.jar my.package.MyMainClass".

Re:Running an App

i tried using the line you gave, but it did not work. if you don't mind,
could you give me some insight on what i am doing wrong from the lines
below.
my application is at c:\Application and w\in this folder i have 3
directories 'bak, classes, src' and 4 files 'app.jpx, app.jpx.local
app.jpx.local~ app.jpx~'.
i type java -c:\app\classes appJar.jar app.package.app
i saw that the jar was created in the classes folder.
also how can i specify creating an application from the jar wizard.
thanks so much for the help.