CCI

2004-07-28 06:09:28 PM
jbuilder23
Hi, I'm trying to implement an access to CICS through JCA.
I've configured a library containing the cicseci.jar archive (CICS ECI implementation of connection, interaction etc.) and I have a statement like this : ECIInteractionSpec interactSpec = new ECIInteractionSpec ();
The code compiles but I have a runtime message of class not found : javax.resource.cci.InteractionSpec, but this class is present in another library associated with the web-app.
I use JBuilder 9 with TomCat 4.1.
When I deploy the WAR on my WebSphere server, the code works...
Do you know why I get this error?
Thanks in advance
Alex.

Re:CCI

I don't think that the BES EJB partition can see libraries packaged in WAR
files (it makes sense that it shouldn't). Try adding cicseci.jar as a
library to the EAR and remove it from the WAR.
--
Check out our latest white papers at
BladeNET Scores With Borland Enterprise Tools
"Alex" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

Hi, I'm trying to implement an access to CICS through JCA.
I've configured a library containing the cicseci.jar archive (CICS ECI
implementation of connection, interaction etc.) and I have a statement like
this : ECIInteractionSpec interactSpec = new ECIInteractionSpec ();
The code compiles but I have a runtime message of class not found :
javax.resource.cci.InteractionSpec, but this class is present in another
library associated with the web-app.

I use JBuilder 9 with TomCat 4.1.
When I deploy the WAR on my WebSphere server, the code works...

Do you know why I get this error?

Thanks in advance
Alex.

Re:CCI

Thanks Kevin, but in my web-app I've no EARs!!

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Hi, I'm trying to implement an access to CICS through JCA.
>I've configured a library containing the cicseci.jar archive (CICS ECI
implementation of connection, interaction etc.) and I have a statement like
this : ECIInteractionSpec interactSpec = new ECIInteractionSpec ();
>The code compiles but I have a runtime message of class not found :
javax.resource.cci.InteractionSpec, but this class is present in another
library associated with the web-app.

>I use JBuilder 9 with TomCat 4.1.
>When I deploy the WAR on my WebSphere server, the code works...
>
>Do you know why I get this error?
>
>Thanks in advance
>Alex.

{smallsort}

Re:CCI

Then deploy the library file independently to the partition. Use the
console to stop the partition, deploy cicseci.jar, then restart the
partition.
--
Check out our latest white papers at
BladeNET Scores With Borland Enterprise Tools
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.
www.datadevelopment.com/
"Alex" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

Thanks Kevin, but in my web-app I've no EARs!!

"Kevin Dean" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>I don't think that the BES EJB partition can see libraries packaged in
WAR
>files (it makes sense that it shouldn't). Try adding cicseci.jar as a
>library to the EAR and remove it from the WAR.
>
>--
>Check out our latest white papers at
>www.datadevelopment.com/papers/index.html
>
>BladeNET Scores With Borland Enterprise Tools
>Team Development with JBuilder and Borland Enterprise Server
>
>Dolphin Data Development Ltd.
>www.datadevelopment.com/
>
>"Alex" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>
>>Hi, I'm trying to implement an access to CICS through JCA.
>>I've configured a library containing the cicseci.jar archive (CICS ECI
>implementation of connection, interaction etc.) and I have a statement
like
>this : ECIInteractionSpec interactSpec = new ECIInteractionSpec ();
>>The code compiles but I have a runtime message of class not found :
>javax.resource.cci.InteractionSpec, but this class is present in another
>library associated with the web-app.
>>
>>I use JBuilder 9 with TomCat 4.1.
>>When I deploy the WAR on my WebSphere server, the code works...
>>
>>Do you know why I get this error?
>>
>>Thanks in advance
>>Alex.

Re:CCI

I'm not using BES, I'm using Tomcat4.1 (and I think that TomCat does not accept EARS).
I'll study more recent version of Tomcat, if any...
Regards

news:410788e5$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Thanks Kevin, but in my web-app I've no EARs!!
>

>"Kevin Dean" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>>I don't think that the BES EJB partition can see libraries packaged in
WAR
>>files (it makes sense that it shouldn't). Try adding cicseci.jar as a
>>library to the EAR and remove it from the WAR.
>>
>>--
>>Check out our latest white papers at
>>www.datadevelopment.com/papers/index.html
>>
>>BladeNET Scores With Borland Enterprise Tools
>>Team Development with JBuilder and Borland Enterprise Server
>>
>>Dolphin Data Development Ltd.
>>www.datadevelopment.com/
>>
>>"Alex" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>>news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>>
>>>Hi, I'm trying to implement an access to CICS through JCA.
>>>I've configured a library containing the cicseci.jar archive (CICS ECI
>>implementation of connection, interaction etc.) and I have a statement
like
>>this : ECIInteractionSpec interactSpec = new ECIInteractionSpec ();
>>>The code compiles but I have a runtime message of class not found :
>>javax.resource.cci.InteractionSpec, but this class is present in another
>>library associated with the web-app.
>>>
>>>I use JBuilder 9 with TomCat 4.1.
>>>When I deploy the WAR on my WebSphere server, the code works...
>>>
>>>Do you know why I get this error?
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance
>>>Alex.

Re:CCI

Ah, OK. In that case I'm not sure I can help, as I haven't used JCA outside
of the EJB tier. You may want to try putting the JAR file in the Tomcat
common library directory (under the Tomcat home, the directory is
common/lib, I think).
--
Check out our latest white papers at
BladeNET Scores With Borland Enterprise Tools
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.
www.datadevelopment.com/
"Alex" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

I'm not using BES, I'm using Tomcat4.1 (and I think that TomCat does not
accept EARS).

I'll study more recent version of Tomcat, if any...

Regards

"Kevin Dean" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>Then deploy the library file independently to the partition. Use the
>console to stop the partition, deploy cicseci.jar, then restart the
>partition.
>
>--
>Check out our latest white papers at
>www.datadevelopment.com/papers/index.html
>
>BladeNET Scores With Borland Enterprise Tools
>Team Development with JBuilder and Borland Enterprise Server
>
>Dolphin Data Development Ltd.
>www.datadevelopment.com/
>
>"Alex" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>news:410788e5$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>
>>Thanks Kevin, but in my web-app I've no EARs!!
>>

>>"Kevin Dean" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>>>I don't think that the BES EJB partition can see libraries packaged in
>WAR
>>>files (it makes sense that it shouldn't). Try adding cicseci.jar as a
>>>library to the EAR and remove it from the WAR.
>>>
>>>--
>>>Check out our latest white papers at
>>>www.datadevelopment.com/papers/index.html
>>>
>>>BladeNET Scores With Borland Enterprise Tools
>>>Team Development with JBuilder and Borland Enterprise Server
>>>
>>>Dolphin Data Development Ltd.
>>>www.datadevelopment.com/
>>>
>>>"Alex" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>>>news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

ECI
>>>implementation of connection, interaction etc.) and I have a statement
>like
>>>this : ECIInteractionSpec interactSpec = new ECIInteractionSpec ();
>>>javax.resource.cci.InteractionSpec, but this class is present in
another
>>>library associated with the web-app.

Re:CCI

Alex originally wrote:
>Hi, I'm trying to implement an access to CICS through JCA.
>I've configured a library containing the cicseci.jar archive
>(CICS ECI implementation of connection, interaction etc.)
>and I have a statement like this :
>ECIInteractionSpec interactSpec = new ECIInteractionSpec ();
>The code compiles but I have a runtime message of class not
>found : javax.resource.cci.InteractionSpec, but this class
>is present in another library associated with the web-app.
It's not clear if you are specifying something related to
JCA in the server8080.xml. If you are, you have to add
the libraries related to that configuration to the Tomcat
server lib folder, as Kevin points out. To do this,
you may want to open the "Configure Servers..." dialog
and add the libraries related to JCA configuration
to the "Required Libraries" tab of the Tomcat server
you are using.
Other than that, if you aren't configuring anything
in the server8080.xml file, it would seem that the
required libraries are not being copied/deployed
when you rebuild/make your project. Open the
runtime configuration, navigate to the Run>Library
page, and make sure that "Use project required libraries"
is selected.
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives: