Encrypted Borland Code in Libraries

2003-11-27 04:39:24 PM
jbuilder5
Hi,
I have a problem with Solaris/WebSphere.
All the source files form Borland are encrypted before they compile it.
They number serially all the members of the class starting from a to z e.g.
Now it can happen that in 3 classes who extend from each other use a member
with the name
a. All this members are in one example without access modifier. This means
that
this members are all visible within the same package!!! This 3 classes are
all in the
same package. :-) Now following happens. The classloader implementation from
WebSphere
make trouble and use sometimes the wrong member! I get errors like
NullPointerException or
NoSuchFieldError...that's crazy...
Does anybody know where I can get libraries from borland especially
dx.jar,dbswing.jar,
beandt.jar compiled without encrypted code or where I can get the original
sources from this
libraries not encrypted
regards
wolfgang

Re:Encrypted Borland Code in Libraries

[...]

This is called "obfuscation" and there is no way this should
cause a problem for a class loader.
However assuming you are talking about deploying to a J2EE
server, it makes no sense even to be trying this.
Swing-based components are intended for supporting
client-side UI.
"wolfgang" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
[...]

{smallsort}

Re:Encrypted Borland Code in Libraries

Hi Wolfgang,
the Enterprise Edition of JBuilder has always come with the source code to
the libraries. I have, however, never actually tried to compile them myself.
If you have the Enterprise Edition, you could extract the source .zip files
and attempt to compile the libraries yourself without obfuscation (the
"encryption" you are talking about, and hopefully that will fix your problem
:-)
[...]

Hi David,
I had the sources, sorry. I compiled it with JBuilder and deployed the
dx.jar again to
the Solaris Server. No I got the same Error as before again. I always get
the error
NoSuchFieldError: columnList. This member is used within the constructor
ParameterRow() but
is defined in ReadRow. (Without access modifier, so it's visible in
ParameterRow() )
I write a small sample who should simulate this Error. But this sample at
the Solaris/WebSphere
worked correct.
This behaviour is really crazy...
regards
wolfgang

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Hi,
>
>I have a problem with Solaris/WebSphere.
>
>All the source files form Borland are encrypted before they compile it.
>They number serially all the members of the class starting from a to z
e.g.
>Now it can happen that in 3 classes who extend from each other use a
member
>with the name
>a. All this members are in one example without access modifier. This
means
>that
>this members are all visible within the same package!!! This 3 classes
are
>all in the
>same package. :-) Now following happens. The classloader implementation
from
>WebSphere
>make trouble and use sometimes the wrong member! I get errors like
>NullPointerException or
>NoSuchFieldError...that's crazy...
>
>Does anybody know where I can get libraries from borland especially
>dx.jar,dbswing.jar,
>beandt.jar compiled without encrypted code or where I can get the
original
>sources from this
>libraries not encrypted
>
>regards
>wolfgang

Re:Encrypted Borland Code in Libraries

Hi David,
???. I'm a little bit confused now. Borland support with DataExpress
components other
J2EE server. You can't use the dbSwing components. But it is possible to use
the DataAcessLayer of
Borland DataExpress and I think I didn't write that I use dbSwing.
regards
wolfgang

news:3fc5b987$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
[...]

I think the point that _Bill_ is trying to make is this...
The dbswing.jar (which is one of the files you are complaining about) is
a client-side file that should never be deployed on an application
server. It may be part of at GUI application which connects to a J2EE
server, but that does not mean that dbswing.jar is part of the ear or
war deployment on the server.

news:3fc632ed$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

--
Regards,