can't install Jbuilder 2005 on Fedora Core 5

2006-08-04 12:17:30 AM
jbuilder8
Hi !
I can'te get to install Jbuilder 2005 on my FC 5.
I've been installing for quite a long time in Redhat and previous Fedoras,
without any problems,
but this time it seems I can't get it.
When running the install.bin script, I get a "could not open file,
....libdl.so.2, libc.so.6, librt.so,1"
These files are under /lib, but I've also tryed to copy them to /usr/lib but
it's the same thing.
Any idea ?
Thanks !
David

Re:can't install Jbuilder 2005 on Fedora Core 5

David Carvalho wrote:
Hi !
I can'te get to install Jbuilder 2005 on my FC 5.
I've been installing for quite a long time in Redhat and previous Fedoras,
without any problems,
but this time it seems I can't get it.

When running the install.bin script, I get a "could not open file,
....libdl.so.2, libc.so.6, librt.so,1"
These files are under /lib, but I've also tryed to copy them to /usr/lib but
it's the same thing.
Any idea ?
Thanks !
David

Do you have a LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable that is set to point
to the directory that contains those libraries?
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:can't install Jbuilder 2005 on Fedora Core 5

Hi !
I didn't have one. I did an export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib and later /usr/lib,
but I get the same.
I've also runned ldconfig -v and it seems the libs are pointed correctly.
I don't know what else to do...
thanks
David

David Carvalho wrote:
Hi !
I didn't have one. I did an export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib and later /usr/lib,
but I get the same.
I've also runned ldconfig -v and it seems the libs are pointed correctly.
I don't know what else to do...
thanks
David

I'm not really much of a Fedora Core user. Based on my experience with
some other Linux distributions, that seemed like it should work.
I think you might get more help on this issue from a Fedora newsgroup.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

David Carvalho wrote:
When running the install.bin script, I get a "could not open file,
....libdl.so.2, libc.so.6, librt.so,1"
I got the same message about libc.so.6. It's some sort of weird error in
their unpacker.
Here's an *ugly* workaround:
* Run the installer as follows:
sh -x ./install-bin>ERRORS 2>&1 (in bash)
* This will error out. Now read the ERRORS file - go to the end of file
and see where it unpacked the installer into.
Look for 2 sets of commands (towards the end of the dump):
CLASSPATH=/tmp/install.dir.<pid>/InstallerData:.....
export CLASSPATH
and
exec /tmp/install.dir.<pid>/Linux/resource/jre/bin/java ...
* cd to /tmp/install.dir.<pid>
* Execute those two sets of lines in your shell (you can drop the "exec"
word in the last one).
This will bring up the installer, and you should be able to complete the
installation from there (I skipped out at that point..)

Re:can't install Jbuilder 2005 on Fedora Core 5

Hi !
I'll try this if I have the change to install Samples and docs. I'm having a
strange and different error on those too.
A guy helped me out with the jbuilder fundations installer. He've found that
if we comment
the line "export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL" it worked. The same for me.
thanks!