println()

2005-02-02 06:13:58 AM
jbuilder6
Is there a way "System.out.println()" donīt send a line feed when it finishes printing. I am working with a simple JBuilder Console application so the output appears on the messages window.

Re:println()

Is there a way "System.out.println()" donīt send a line feed when it finishes printing. I am working with a JBuilder Console application so the output appears on the messages window.

Re:println()

LuisMa wrote:
Is there a way "System.out.println()" donīt send a line feed when it
finishes printing. I am working with a JBuilder Console application
so the output appears on the messages window.

I believe the "out" stream is buffered. System.out.flush() should force
it to flush out the buffer.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:println()

"LuisMa" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

Is there a way "System.out.println()" donīt send a line feed when it
finishes printing. I am working with a simple JBuilder Console application
so the output appears on the messages window.

try System.out.print()
regards,
Dar7yl

Re:println()

Lori M Olson [TeamB] wrote:
LuisMa wrote:

>Is there a way "System.out.println()" donīt send a line feed when it
>finishes printing. I am working with a JBuilder Console application so
>the output appears on the messages window.

I believe the "out" stream is buffered. System.out.flush() should force
it to flush out the buffer.

Ah, I see I misread your question. The correct answer was supplied in
another group. Please don't multi-post, it is against the newsgroup rules.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]