Java Runtime Query

2003-09-11 09:23:40 PM
jbuilder18
Hi.
I have an issue where changing the RT affects the appearance of the GUI, in
that the colour & typeface of fonts change, along with menu horizontal
spacing. This occurs even if I re-compile within JBuilder 6 with each
version.
J2re-1_3_103-win-i>>J2re-1-4_1_02-windows-i586.
Any idea?
Regards.
Ted

Re:Java Runtime Query

"Ted Reilly" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I have an issue where changing the RT affects the appearance of the
GUI,
The Windows look and feel was overhauled in JDK 1.4 to get rid of a
large number of minor inconsistencies between it and the "real" Windows
look and feel. I suspect that you're seeing the results of some of
those changes.
--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)

Re:Java Runtime Query

Thanks, that's probably it, I'm still a bit confused as I'm using Swing L&F
within my program.
Ted
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>I have an issue where changing the RT affects the appearance of the
GUI,

The Windows look and feel was overhauled in JDK 1.4 to get rid of a
large number of minor inconsistencies between it and the "real" Windows
look and feel. I suspect that you're seeing the results of some of
those changes.

--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)

{smallsort}