cannot get image resources (jpgs) into a resource.jar file?

2004-05-13 11:05:47 PM
jbuilder16
I've tried this before and got it to work, but I'm trying a different tactic
this time and can't get it to work this time. Can someone help?
I'm trying to create a resources.jar file with images and sounds in it.
Here's the steps I do.
-Create project
-create simple class with simple main (Sytem.err.println( "Hello"); )
-create a resources dir off the root of the project (at the same level as
the src dir)
-create an images dir and sounds dir under resources
-populate it with some jpgs, gifs, and wavs
-add the resources dir to the source path of the project
-refresh the jpx and the new resources are there (should I see all the
individual dirs laid out? why can't I see the hierarchy instead?)
-create a new Basic archive
-take all the defaults except for the file to create, I put it in the jpx
root/bin/resources.jar
-build the archive
When I go look at the archive, I am expecting all the jpgs, gifs and wavs to
show up, but they aren't there. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks.

Re:cannot get image resources (jpgs) into a resource.jar file?

I think you have to add each resource to the project individually.
I don't think that just adding the folder the resources are in
will do it.

"Flip" <[remove] XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
-create an images dir and sounds dir under resources
-populate it with some jpgs, gifs, and wavs
-add the resources dir to the source path of the project
-refresh the jpx and the new resources are there (should I see all the
individual dirs laid out? why can't I see the hierarchy instead?)
Because there isn't one: The resources dir is root of a source path,
the dirs under there are separate paths ("packages").

{smallsort}