designer problems

2006-01-10 10:31:53 PM
jbuilder8
Hello
JBEnterprise SP04 and the designer is getting scrambled after a few
compiles. It is unusable with everything collapsed to small slivers.
The code executes just fine, however the productivity is reduced. Any
suggestions? tia

Re:designer problems

cpanon wrote:
Hello
JBEnterprise SP04 and the designer is getting scrambled after a few
compiles. It is unusable with everything collapsed to small slivers.
The code executes just fine, however the productivity is reduced. Any
suggestions? tia
It is difficult to answer problems like this, which are undoubtly
descriptive, just not very informative...
Define in context: "scrambled" and "small slivers"
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:designer problems

Hi!
There seem to be many problems regarding the designers of Jbuilder
(across all version). Is there a comprehensive guide on how to deal with
all the problems (e.g. designer hangs on startup in Jbuilder 2005)?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Markus

{smallsort}

Re:designer problems

First step in all cases should be to get the latest upgrade for JB 2005.
There is many bug fixes in UI designer that come with this update.
After that if the problem is still there you can try to post more
details here. some of us may faced it before and could provide you with
some hints where to look in your code.
Doychin

Re:designer problems

Doychin Bondzhev schrieb:
First step in all cases should be to get the latest upgrade for JB 2005.
There is many bug fixes in UI designer that come with this update.

After that if the problem is still there you can try to post more
details here. some of us may faced it before and could provide you with
some hints where to look in your code.

Doychin

I think I have installed the latest version of Jbuilder 2005 Foundation.
(Downloaded last week). As far as I can see it only causes problems when
I'm using java.lang.Thread. The designers show up after a long time and
it also seems to freeze the whole system.
Markus

Re:designer problems

Markus Appel wrote:
I think I have installed the latest version of Jbuilder 2005 Foundation.
(Downloaded last week).
Did you also download an update? Patches need to be downloaded and
installed separately. Even if you got it last week, the main download
is still unpatched. Update 4 (includes updates 1 and 3 but not update
2) can be found here:
www.borland.com/downloads/registered/download_jbuilder.html
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

Re:designer problems

But what is "Update 2"? Is it missing then?

Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB] wrote:
>Markus Appel wrote:
>>I think I have installed the latest version of Jbuilder 2005
>>Foundation. (Downloaded last week).
>
>Did you also download an update? Patches need to be downloaded and
>installed separately. Even if you got it last week, the main download
>is still unpatched. Update 4 (includes updates 1 and 3 but not update
>2) can be found here:
>
>www.borland.com/downloads/registered/download_jbuilder.html

If you just click on the link for JB2005 updates on the page above, you
can read all about it.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]