Copying project settings

2006-08-09 03:53:12 AM
jbuilder22
I have a project with all of the settings I want - including which ANT
commands are in the screen, where I have my log files, etc.
I try copying my .jpx file and don't get the rest of the settings.
What is a good way to clone a project's settings?

Re:Copying project settings

Howard Brazee wrote:
I have a project with all of the settings I want - including which ANT
commands are in the screen, where I have my log files, etc.

I try copying my .jpx file and don't get the rest of the settings.

What is a good way to clone a project's settings?
Some of the settings are stored in the .jpx.local file. You can also
create a new project using another project as a template; see the first
screen of "File | New Project...".
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.

Re:Copying project settings

On 8 Aug 2006 13:04:58 -0700, "Kevin Dean [TeamB]"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Some of the settings are stored in the .jpx.local file. You can also
create a new project using another project as a template; see the first
screen of "File | New Project...".
I tried that, but couldn't find how to pick my template. Maybe it's
because I am creating a project with the same name as my first
attempt.

{smallsort}

Re:Copying project settings

File | Save Project As
"Howard Brazee" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I have a project with all of the settings I want - including which ANT
commands are in the screen, where I have my log files, etc.

I try copying my .jpx file and don't get the rest of the settings.

What is a good way to clone a project's settings?

Re:Copying project settings

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 15:29:01 -0700, "Bill Joy" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:
I just tried that. It doesn't save everything - for instance, I had
an Ant icon on my old project. When I saved it to the new name, and
opened the new project, the ant icon was gone.
Basically, I want everything copied except for the files. I have a
copy of the directories for my new project, so that I don't have to
have everything clean in both projects to test the one - I will use
Tortoise to do a SVN merge to my branch when I'm done.
I just don't want to set up JBuilder from scratch each time I start a
project - especially since I don't really have a clue (experienced
users set it up for my first project).

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

Howard Brazee wrote:
I tried that, but couldn't find how to pick my template. Maybe it's
because I am creating a project with the same name as my first
attempt.
There should be a "..." button on the far right of the template field.
Click on that to navigate to the existing project.