Board index » jbuilder » Configure libraries

Configure libraries


2005-04-15 10:37:32 PM
jbuilder5
My work on a number of different projects and all require specific
libraries. We all copy out the .jpx and code from the same code repository.
At the moment each time we change between projects we have to select
Tools->Configure Libraries and Add a folder containing the library files for
that project.
If I add the jars under project instead of my own library folder it uses a
path specific to my computer not from the project.jpx location i.e
C:/project1/libs. Thus when other people copy out the same jpx file but
saved under a different drive will not pick up the required libraries as it
uses a specific path C:/...
What can I do? Basically we want to be able to build each project without
having to configure the libraries each time.
 
 

Re:Configure libraries

M_tizer wrote:
Quote
My work on a number of different projects and all require specific
libraries. We all copy out the .jpx and code from the same code repository.

At the moment each time we change between projects we have to select
Tools->Configure Libraries and Add a folder containing the library files for
that project.

If I add the jars under project instead of my own library folder it uses a
path specific to my computer not from the project.jpx location i.e
C:/project1/libs. Thus when other people copy out the same jpx file but
saved under a different drive will not pick up the required libraries as it
uses a specific path C:/...

What can I do? Basically we want to be able to build each project without
having to configure the libraries each time.


You need to use "Project" libraries, not "User" libraries. This is
something to configure when you create the library. Then it uses
"relative" paths for the libraries.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]
------------
Save yourself, and everyone else, some time and search the
newsgroups and the FAQ-O-Matic before posting your next
question.
Google Advanced Newsgroup Search
www.google.ca/advanced_group_search
Other Newsgroup Searches:
www.borland.com/newsgroups/ngsearch.html
Joi Ellis's FAQ-O-Matic:
www.visi.com/~gyles19/fom-serve/cache/1.html
 

Re:Configure libraries

Paths in a library are always relative to the parent directory of the
library file itself.
Put the library in same directory as the JAR files, or put it in a directory
which is a parent to those directories which contain the JAR files. That
will produce relative paths.
If you create a project library, it will be placed in the same directory as
your project. If your JAR files are children of the project home directory
(which sounds like what you have), then your library will have relative
paths.
"M_tizer" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Quote
My work on a number of different projects and all require specific
libraries. We all copy out the .jpx and code from the same code
repository.

At the moment each time we change between projects we have to select
Tools->Configure Libraries and Add a folder containing the library files
for
that project.

If I add the jars under project instead of my own library folder it uses a
path specific to my computer not from the project.jpx location i.e
C:/project1/libs. Thus when other people copy out the same jpx file but
saved under a different drive will not pick up the required libraries as
it
uses a specific path C:/...

What can I do? Basically we want to be able to build each project without
having to configure the libraries each time.


 

{smallsort}

Re:Configure libraries

Okay I'v created them under Project and the new library file appear in the
same directory as my .jpx file.
However, this is not the ideal location for me to place them. Can I place my
library files under project but still have them in a different location then
the .jpx file. e.g. a folder of there own below the .jpx file. However I
still want then to appear under Project..
 

Re:Configure libraries

M_tizer wrote:
Quote
Okay I'v created them under Project and the new library file appear in the
same directory as my .jpx file.

However, this is not the ideal location for me to place them. Can I place my
library files under project but still have them in a different location then
the .jpx file. e.g. a folder of there own below the .jpx file. However I
still want then to appear under Project..


Not AFAIK. There are only 3 locations for JBuilder libraries.
1. The <jbuilder>\lib directory
2. The <user_home>\.jbuilder2005 directory
3. The current project directory (where the jpx resides)
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]
------------
Save yourself, and everyone else, some time and search the
newsgroups and the FAQ-O-Matic before posting your next
question.
Google Advanced Newsgroup Search
www.google.ca/advanced_group_search
Other Newsgroup Searches:
www.borland.com/newsgroups/ngsearch.html
Joi Ellis's FAQ-O-Matic:
www.visi.com/~gyles19/fom-serve/cache/1.html
 

Re:Configure libraries

Lori M Olson [TeamB] wrote:
Quote
Not AFAIK. There are only 3 locations for JBuilder libraries.

1. The <jbuilder>\lib directory
2. The <user_home>\.jbuilder2005 directory
3. The current project directory (where the jpx resides)
You can add your own directories to the search path, but I don't think
that would help this particular issue. Each user of the project would
need to add the lib directory to their search path.
This bothers me too. I'd really rather have all my .library files in a
lib subdirectory instead of having all those files at the top level. I
haven't come up with a good solution.
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]