Java Developer?

2003-08-16 03:33:34 PM
jbuilder7
Hi All!
I only have JBuilder 9 Personal Edition for Linux.. I let JBuilder see
my reg276.txt to register me. I assume this communicates my registration
status to the Borland website - how long should I wait before I can
reach the Java Developer's page?
I keep getting the following:
Registration record not found
Your account was found in the database, however, no product registration
was found in the database for your account. Please ensure that your
username and password are entered correctly.
Rob
:)

Re:Java Developer?

Hi Ludovic,
I think that message should be completed with the note that is by the
"Java Developers page" link which says : "Additional software for use
with JBuilder 9 Developer and Enteprise"......
Does this mean the patch is only for these and not applicable to the
Personal Edition?
Rob
:)

Re:Java Developer?

Does this mean the patch is only for these and not applicable to the
Personal Edition?
It seems...
Though I thought that some of the bug fixes also applied to the personal
edition...
--
Ludovic
"Les formes qui differencient les etres importent peu

{smallsort}

Re:Java Developer?

On 8/17/2003 at 5:27:46 PM, Ludovic HOCHET wrote:
>Does this mean the patch is only for these and not applicable to
>the Personal Edition?
It seems...
Though I thought that some of the bug fixes also applied to the
personal edition...
I think it should apply to all versions, including the Personal
version. Yes, the link to that page is labeled as being for "owners of
purchased products", but if you follow the link you will find JBuilder
9 Update 2, which has some fixes that should apply to Personal.
To get at the page, you do have to give it the information that you
used when you registered the product. I do not know for certain if it
will let you at the page if you have only registered the Personal
version, but I suspect it will. Since I have registered other
versions, I cannot test it to be sure.
--
Regards,
John McGrath [TeamB]

Re:Java Developer?

John McGrath [TeamB] a écrit :
will let you at the page if you have only registered the Personal
version, but I suspect it will.
Nope.
--

Ludovic HOCHET wrote:
John McGrath [TeamB] a écrit :
>will let you at the page if you have only registered the Personal
>version, but I suspect it will.
Nope.
I had the same experience. It claimed I "didn't have any products
registered".
So what's the bottom line here - Personal users aren't entitled to
patches? Or is this some sort of programming error on the site?
Shankar.

Re:Java Developer?

On 8/19/2003 at 2:28:52 PM, Shankar Unni wrote:
So what's the bottom line here
I do not know, but I will try to find out.
--
Regards,
John McGrath [TeamB]

Re:Java Developer?

I was told by customer service email that Personal user's don't get the
patch.
Rob
:)

Re:Java Developer?

"Robert Mark Bram" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
I was told by customer service email that Personal user's don't get
the
patch.
Interesting. I've been told that you do, but there is obviously a
problem with the web site not letting you in. I don't know how long it
will take for it to be fixed.
--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)

Re:Java Developer?

Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB) wrote:
"Robert Mark Bram" wrote ...
>I was told by customer service email that Personal user's don't get
>the patch.

Interesting. I've been told that you do, but there is obviously a
problem with the web site not letting you in. I don't know how long it
will take for it to be fixed.
Glad to hear it (the first part, anyway). Here's hoping that the site
gets fixed soon..