Increase Jbuilder 8 Memory Heap Size

2003-09-12 05:15:03 AM
jbuilder21
What parameters and what file do I need to update to increase the java heap size in JBuilder. I thought it was the Jbuilder8/bin/Jbuilder.config file and tweeking the vmparms mx and ms parameters but it did not show increase memory when select Help/About/Info Java Heap size. Any ideas on how I can increase the memory on JBuilder would be appreciated.
Thanks...

Re:Increase Jbuilder 8 Memory Heap Size

That file and those parameters are correct. However, they set minimum and
maximum values; Java won't pre-allocate the maximum memory but rather will
take it as it needs it.
--
Check out our latest white papers at
BladeNET Scores With Borland Enterprise Tools
"Michael Myers" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

What parameters and what file do I need to update to increase the java
heap size in JBuilder. I thought it was the Jbuilder8/bin/Jbuilder.config
file and tweeking the vmparms mx and ms parameters but it did not show
increase memory when select Help/About/Info Java Heap size. Any ideas on
how I can increase the memory on JBuilder would be appreciated.
Thanks...

Re:Increase Jbuilder 8 Memory Heap Size

"Michael Myers" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
What parameters and what file do I need to update to increase the java
heap size in JBuilder. I thought it was the
Jbuilder8/bin/Jbuilder.config file
Close. :-) It's the jdk.config file.
--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)

{smallsort}

Re:Increase Jbuilder 8 Memory Heap Size

jdk.config is included by a directive in jbuilder.config. The values in
jbuilder.config will override any similar values in jdk.config.
--
news:3f60e5d7$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>What parameters and what file do I need to update to increase the java
heap size in JBuilder. I thought it was the
Jbuilder8/bin/Jbuilder.config file

Close. :-) It's the jdk.config file.

--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)

Re:Increase Jbuilder 8 Memory Heap Size

How come when adding memory to the minimum and maximum it is not reflected in the Help/About/Info Memory Heap?

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

"Michael Myers" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im Newsbeitrag

How come when adding memory to the minimum and maximum it is not reflected
in the Help/About/Info Memory Heap?

The info memory view shows the actual "used" and "allocated" heap memory
from the overall VM memory, so if JB's underlayed VM needs more memory it
will occupy this dynamically on demand from the minimum setup memory of the
VM until the maximal upper range of maximum memory.
You can see this maybe better with one of my JB MemoryMonitor OTs, which you
can download from Borland's CodeCentral JBuilder OPenTools section.
-Valentino