Board index » jbuilder » Bad representation of JB8 under Mandrake 9.0

Bad representation of JB8 under Mandrake 9.0


2003-10-03 12:00:55 AM
jbuilder4
Hi guyz !
I have installed JB8 under Mandrake 9.0. It seems successfully ... But when I run JB, then IDE NOT showing
properly: no mainmenu, no internal elements, some pieces and
thats all. Practically, empty frame !
Daz anybody explain this effect ???
Thax in advance,
Konstantin.
 
 

Re:Bad representation of JB8 under Mandrake 9.0

Konstantin wrote:
Quote

Hi guyz !

I have installed JB8 under Mandrake 9.0. It seems successfully ... But
when I run JB, then IDE NOT showing properly: no mainmenu, no internal
elements, some pieces and thats all. Practically, empty frame !

Daz anybody explain this effect ???

Thax in advance,
Konstantin.
When you installed it, did you install as root or as your usual user
account? If you installed as root, that means you do not have permissions
to load some of the libs. That is what it sounds like.
Look in your /home/<username>directory. Do you see the .borland and
.jbuilder8 directories (note they will be hidden by default)? If not, then
that is your problem.
Quick option wopuld be to go to the /root folder and copy these folders to
your /home/username folder. Don't forget to chmod and chown these folders
after you copy them.
 

Re:Bad representation of JB8 under Mandrake 9.0

Paul !
Thanx for advice ! But I installed JB8 as user not root.
And I found that .borland and .jbuilder8 directories there !!!
Some interesting fact: when I run JB8 from terminal session,
there was messages with exceptions while it started. It was like
"method not yet implemented". I'm in trouble ...
Konstantin.
 

{smallsort}

Re:Bad representation of JB8 under Mandrake 9.0

Konstantin wrote:
Quote

Paul !

Thanx for advice ! But I installed JB8 as user not root.
And I found that .borland and .jbuilder8 directories there !!!
Some interesting fact: when I run JB8 from terminal session,
there was messages with exceptions while it started. It was like
"method not yet implemented". I'm in trouble ...

Konstantin.
OK try to run it this way from terminal:
Quote
/usr/local/jbuiler/jbuilder -verbose
and see what the stack trace reveals.
There was a problem with easiler JDKs on KDE 2.x that would not work well.
It may be also that the glibs you have do not support the JDK you are
attmpting to use with JB. If that is the case, try changing the jdk.config
file under the /jbuilder8/bin folder. Point it to a different jdk, like the
blackdown jdk 1.4.x.
 

Re:Bad representation of JB8 under Mandrake 9.0

Paul, it's me again !
You know, the deal was in jdk ... I download last version from
sun and all almost OK. I have right-looking IDE, but
when loading "hello" jb project, I get at once exception
"cannot access class javax.swing.UIManager; file javax/swing/UIManager.class not found".
Look, when I have previously sdk, IDE was bad, but project
works ... What I do wrong ?
Thanks for your helpful advices.
Konstantin.
 

Re:Bad representation of JB8 under Mandrake 9.0

Konstantin wrote:
Quote

Paul, it's me again !

You know, the deal was in jdk ... I download last version from
sun and all almost OK. I have right-looking IDE, but
when loading "hello" jb project, I get at once exception
"cannot access class javax.swing.UIManager; file
javax/swing/UIManager.class not found". Look, when I have previously sdk,
IDE was bad, but project works ... What I do wrong ?

Thanks for your helpful advices.
Konstantin.
Did you add the new JDK to JBuilder and are you using the correct JDK for
your Project?
Go to Tools, Add JDK. Add the new JDK by filling in the Wizards.
Go to Project menu option, Project Properties. Select the JDK you want to
compile with.
That should do it.
 

Re:Bad representation of JB8 under Mandrake 9.0

Good evening, Paul !
I try it way on monday in office...
Spasibo !
 

Re:Bad representation of JB8 under Mandrake 9.0

Paul, it's me again...
Imagine, i set the same jdk for project, and in configure jdk
menu, but this not helps to decide problem.
I am in deep trouble and in deep thoughtful.
How do it ???
Konstantin.
 

Re:Bad representation of JB8 under Mandrake 9.0

Konstantin wrote:
Quote

Paul, it's me again...
Imagine, i set the same jdk for project, and in configure jdk
menu, but this not helps to decide problem.
I am in deep trouble and in deep thoughtful.
How do it ???

Konstantin.
Hmm, Starange, you should be working.
Check the /jubuilder/bin/jdk.config file and make sure that it contains a
path to the tools.jar file for the correct jdk. If it is on the right path,
send me your code and I will try and see what I get (if you can do this, of
course).
 

Re:Bad representation of JB8 under Mandrake 9.0

You know, Paul, this is "god damn it" occureence...
I check jdk.config: all ok !
---------------------------------------------------
Dear Paul, I can send code to you, but I think that it have not
meaning: because ALL projects not compile. This is COMMON problem. Is this ok that I install JB under user not root ?
Do you work under mdk 9.0 too ?
---------------------------------------------------
I get error "can not access directory java/lang" in IDE.
May be deal in user permission to directory ?
---------------------------------------------------
Thank you for big help :)
---------------------------------------------------
return to windows ? ...
---------------------------------------------------
I am in blue... Can I ask you private qst ? Where are you from ?
I ask because when I talk with america - they are answer on next
days. Europe ?
 

Re:Bad representation of JB8 under Mandrake 9.0

Konstantin wrote:
Quote

You know, Paul, this is "god damn it" occureence...
I check jdk.config: all ok !
---------------------------------------------------
Dear Paul, I can send code to you, but I think that it have not
meaning: because ALL projects not compile. This is COMMON problem. Is this
ok that I install JB under user not root ? Do you work under mdk 9.0 too ?
---------------------------------------------------
I get error "can not access directory java/lang" in IDE.
May be deal in user permission to directory ?
---------------------------------------------------
Thank you for big help :)
---------------------------------------------------
return to windows ? ...
---------------------------------------------------
I am in blue... Can I ask you private qst ? Where are you from ?
I ask because when I talk with america - they are answer on next
days. Europe ?
Ah, now we have the problem!!!
You installed as root... Look in your /home directory. If you do not see a
./borland and a./jbuilder, or if these folders are empty, therein is your
problem.
You can try one more thing however. From a terminal type /<path to
jbuilder>/bin/jbuilder -verbose and send the stack trace.
I run JB under Suse, but I have also installed on Mandrake with no problems.
 

Re:Bad representation of JB8 under Mandrake 9.0

Paul, what is JDK version you use with JB ?
 

Re:Bad representation of JB8 under Mandrake 9.0

Konstantin wrote:
Quote

Paul, what is JDK version you use with JB ?
I has some problems with Mozilla and JDK 1.4.x using the Sun JDK on Suse
8.1, which used a different glib than 8.2 On 8.2 I use JDK 1.4.2, for
compiles under JB 7 Enterprise (JDK 1.3.1_08 run runtime JDK for JB 7) and
I use JDK 1.4.1 for runtime JRE for JB 9 Personal.
 

Re:Bad representation of JB8 under Mandrake 9.0

Paul, how can I check what glib I use under mdk 9.0 ?
My error msg :
"cannot access class javax.swing.UIManager; file
javax/swing/UIManager.class not found". May be deal in user permissions ? Why no access ???
 

Re:Bad representation of JB8 under Mandrake 9.0

hi,
On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 04:51:45 -0700, Konstantin wrote:
Quote
You know, the deal was in jdk ... I download last version from sun and
all almost OK. I have right-looking IDE, but when loading "hello" jb
project, I get at once exception "cannot access class
javax.swing.UIManager; file javax/swing/UIManager.class not found".
Look, when I have previously sdk, IDE was bad, but project works ...
What I do wrong ?
can you run any swing application (from console)? like: <code>
import javax.swing.JFrame;
public class StartUp
{
public static void main(String[] args)
throws Exception
{
JFrame frame = new JFrame();
frame.setSize(600, 400);
frame.setVisible(true);
}
}
</code>
if no, install jdk from blackdown.org and try with it.
good luck
marcin