does JBXEnt cache class names after deletion?

2004-05-20 02:28:06 AM
jbuilder16
I created a class called Led, and then changed my mind for the name of the
class. Cool. No probs, I can refactor it. Well, after figuring out it
won't let me change the class name to LED cause of the uppercase vs
lowercase issue, I renamed it to LED1 and then renamed it to LED. That
worked, but I had problems recompiling it. Then I deleted the class and
recreated it and it wouldn't let me compile the new one saying I had the
original Led.java file. Why is that? It appears JB is caching class names
even though it's been deleted (even from the file system). Thanks.

Re:does JBXEnt cache class names after deletion?

Flip wrote:
I created a class called Led, and then changed my mind for the name of the
class. Cool. No probs, I can refactor it. Well, after figuring out it
won't let me change the class name to LED cause of the uppercase vs
lowercase issue, I renamed it to LED1 and then renamed it to LED. That
worked, but I had problems recompiling it. Then I deleted the class and
recreated it and it wouldn't let me compile the new one saying I had the
original Led.java file. Why is that? It appears JB is caching class names
even though it's been deleted (even from the file system). Thanks.

Sounds like multiple problems. That Case-Not-Sensitive stuff in Windows
(you CAN have LED.java and Led.java as different files on Linux,
Solaris, OSX, etc), and maybe a problem with the dependency cache.
Get out of JBuilder and go to a command-line, and see what {*word*99} got left
behind in your directory. Don't use Windows Explorer. It is
unfortunately "too helpful" and you may not see the right files in it.
I've also found it a good policy to do "Clean" or "Rebuild" after
refactorings like this, just to get rid of the confusing old stuff in
the dependency cache.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:does JBXEnt cache class names after deletion?

Get out of JBuilder and go to a command-line, and see what {*word*99} got left
I'll try this again later on today and get back to you (sorry meetings up
the yingyang today).

{smallsort}