Where are editor fonts?

2004-10-16 12:40:33 AM
jbuilder14
Hi,
I just installed the foundation version of JBuilder X and went to customize
the editor font and found that there were only four (Courier New,
DialogInput, Lucida Sans Typewriter, and Monospaced) listed under
Preferences...Editor...Display. None of these look good on my system. Is
this some limitation of the foundation version or is something wrong and if
so what? Every other editor on my system finds numerous other fonts.
Thanks,
Gary

Re:Where are editor fonts?

Never mind. I found the answer in a thread from yesterday.
-Gary

On 10/15/2004 at 12:40:33 PM, Gary Lewis wrote:
I just installed the foundation version of JBuilder X and went to
customize the editor font and found that there were only four (Courier
New, DialogInput, Lucida Sans Typewriter, and Monospaced) listed under
Preferences...Editor...Display. None of these look good on my system. Is
this some limitation of the foundation version or is something wrong and
if so what? Every other editor on my system finds numerous other fonts.
In order to work properly, JBuilder requires a fixed width font for the
editor. That means that every character in the font must have the same
width, including the bold and italic variants.
If you want to try using a font that JBuilder has rejected, you can try
hacking the user.properties file -- See Gillmer Derge's comments a few
messages back.
--
Regards,
John McGrath [TeamB]