Web tab in Object Gallery not available after install

2005-02-11 10:19:12 PM
jbuilder1
The Web tab in my Object Gallery is not available upon installation. I have reinstalled 3 times to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting this tab to display? Thanks!

Re:Web tab in Object Gallery not available after install

Kaleb Walton wrote:
The Web tab in my Object Gallery is not available upon installation.
I have reinstalled 3 times to no avail. Does anyone have any
suggestions for getting this tab to display? Thanks!
You need to read up on such things in the help files.
The Web stuff isn't available in Foundation. Are you talking about
Foundation edition?
If you are using Developer or Enterpise, have you configured a server?
Enterprise | Configure Servers. If you've done that, have you created a
project, and have you configured your project to use your chosen server?
Project | Project Properties, and select Server.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:Web tab in Object Gallery not available after install

Thank you for pointing out my error in posting on two separate
newsgroups. I have read the help files numerous times which led
me to the conclusion that I did not have the Web Module Wizard.
I have a licensed version of JBuilder Developer. I do not have
an option for Enterprise | Configure Servers. The only option I
have is Enterprise | Enterprise Setup.
In my Project Properties I do not have a "Server" item listed in
the tree. I get the feeling there is some core misconfiguration
that will alleviate all of this at once.
Thank you again.
Regards,
Kaleb

{smallsort}

Kaleb Walton wrote:
Thank you for pointing out my error in posting on two separate
newsgroups. I have read the help files numerous times which led
me to the conclusion that I did not have the Web Module Wizard.

I have a licensed version of JBuilder Developer. I do not have
an option for Enterprise | Configure Servers. The only option I
have is Enterprise | Enterprise Setup.

In my Project Properties I do not have a "Server" item listed in
the tree. I get the feeling there is some core misconfiguration
that will alleviate all of this at once.

Thank you again.

Regards,
Kaleb

What version of JBuilder do you have (9, X, 2005?) My menu and settings
advice is always for 2005 unless someone tells me otherwise.
From your description here, I'd say that you are using 9 or X, not
2005. Then you need to go after Tools | Configure Servers. You should
still have a servers tab under project properties.
www.borland.com/jbuilder/pdf/jb9_feamatrix.pdf
www.borland.com/jbuilder/pdf/jbx_feamatrix.pdf
Web app (Tomcat) development IS a feature of Developer edition.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]
question.
Google Advanced Newsgroup Search
www.google.ca/advanced_group_search
Other Newsgroup Searches:
Joi Ellis's FAQ-O-Matic:

Re:Web tab in Object Gallery not available after install

What version of JBuilder do you have (9, X, 2005?) My menu and settings
advice is always for 2005 unless someone tells me otherwise.

From your description here, I'd say that you are using 9 or X, not
2005. Then you need to go after Tools | Configure Servers. You should
still have a servers tab under project properties.

www.borland.com/jbuilder/pdf/jb9_feamatrix.pdf
www.borland.com/jbuilder/pdf/jbx_feamatrix.pdf

Web app (Tomcat) development IS a feature of Developer edition.

I am running JBuilder Developer 2005 11.0.236.0. I have reinstalled 3 times. I had also updated to the 11.0.280.0 Update 1 which did not solve the problem. I do not have a servers tab under project properties and I do not have Tools | Configure Servers. I understand that it is a feature of the Developer edition which is why I am trying to get it to work properly. Thank you for your patience!
Regards,
Kaleb

Kaleb Walton wrote:

I am running JBuilder Developer 2005 11.0.236.0. I have reinstalled 3
times. I had also updated to the 11.0.280.0 Update 1 which did not
solve the problem. I do not have a servers tab under project
properties and I do not have Tools | Configure Servers. I understand
that it is a feature of the Developer edition which is why I am
trying to get it to work properly. Thank you for your patience!

Regards, Kaleb
Update 1 kind of sucks. I'd go with update 3 (poorly named "Application
Servers" update).
Ok, I just ran into a coworker's office and double checked what they
have for JB 2005 Developer.
First, confirm that you have a working, licensed Developer install.
Help | About. The splash screen should have "Developer" and the update
revisions, etc written across it. Assuming that is correct...
Second, go to Enterprise | Configure Servers. You should have this menu
item, and you should be able to configure it for Tomcat 4.x and 5.0 and
BES Web Server edition (assuming you installed that). If that is correct...
Third, go to Project | Project Properties. In the tree on the left-hand
side if you scroll to near the bottom, you should have "Servers".
Select that, and choose your development web server.
Now, you should be able to create any kind of new web application
components from the Object Gallery.
If you ran into any problems on one of these steps, please report back.
Also, please run JBuilder.exe, instead of JBuilderW.exe to get a
console, and see if any exceptions are being thrown. If so, post back
here with the exceptions.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]
question.
Google Advanced Newsgroup Search
www.google.ca/advanced_group_search
Other Newsgroup Searches:
Joi Ellis's FAQ-O-Matic:

Re:Web tab in Object Gallery not available after install

Below you fill find my responses preceded with a "R:" inline with your comments.
First, confirm that you have a working, licensed Developer install.
R: Confirmed.
Help | About. The splash screen should have "Developer" and the update
revisions, etc written across it. Assuming that is correct...
R: Confirmed.
Second, go to Enterprise | Configure Servers. You should have this menu
item, and you should be able to configure it for Tomcat 4.x and 5.0 and
BES Web Server edition (assuming you installed that). If that is correct...
R: Still do not have this menu item available.
Third, go to Project | Project Properties. In the tree on the left-hand
side if you scroll to near the bottom, you should have "Servers".
Select that, and choose your development web server.
R: Still do not have this menu item available.
Now, you should be able to create any kind of new web application
components from the Object Gallery.
R: Still cannot see the Web tab from within the Object Gallery.
If you ran into any problems on one of these steps, please report back.
Also, please run JBuilder.exe, instead of JBuilderW.exe to get a
console, and see if any exceptions are being thrown. If so, post back
here with the exceptions.
R: Did this and received no exceptions.
I installed BES, Tomcat, uninstalled JBuilder, reinstalled JBuilder thinking that may have been the problem - still no progress. Have you not seen a similar issue before? Again, thank you for taking the time to assist me.
Regards,
Kaleb

Kaleb Walton wrote:

Below you fill find my responses preceded with a "R:" inline with
your comments.

I installed BES, Tomcat, uninstalled JBuilder, reinstalled JBuilder
thinking that may have been the problem - still no progress. Have you
not seen a similar issue before? Again, thank you for taking the time
to assist me.

Regards,
Kaleb
Try one more thing. Go to your home directory (in Windows,
"C:\Documents and Settings\username") and delete the directories
.jbuilder2005 and .primetime2005. These directories are not removed
when you uninstall and they may have some litter in them that is
causing the problem you are experiencing. They will be recreated when
you restart JBuilder.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.

Re:Web tab in Object Gallery not available after install

Try one more thing. Go to your home directory (in Windows,
"C:\Documents and Settings\username") and delete the directories
.jbuilder2005 and .primetime2005. These directories are not removed
when you uninstall and they may have some litter in them that is
causing the problem you are experiencing. They will be recreated when
you restart JBuilder.
THANK YOU! That solved my problem. You saved my sanity!
Regards,
Kaleb

Kaleb Walton wrote:
THANK YOU! That solved my problem. You saved my sanity!
My pleasure. Psychotherapy is a new service offering from TeamB
(though some of us, myself included, are in desperate need of it
ourselves).