How to incorporate EJB's from a shared library?

2005-02-17 02:30:23 AM
jbuilder24
I'm in the process of creating a library of common EJB classes and session/entity beans that we will reuse across all of our projects.
This common library has its own JBuilder project and within that an EJB module holding a small set of session and entity beans. This project will be setup as a library within the JBuilder IDE.
When it comes to using this library within a larger EJB project is there anyway I can incorporate the library EJB module into the main application EJB module? That way I can make local interface calls between the main project and this underlying library.
Any ideas?

Re:How to incorporate EJB's from a shared library?

davout wrote:

I'm in the process of creating a library of common EJB classes and
session/entity beans that we will reuse across all of our projects.

Any ideas?
Put the common EJB JAR file into an EAR file with the other EJB JAR
files. You'll have to add it using the "External JAR files" tab of the
"EJB" node in the EAR properties.
As for the references, local references will still work. Add the
references to this library JAR file using the "EJB Local References"
node as usual, but fill in the type, local home, local, and JNDI name
manually.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.

Re:How to incorporate EJB's from a shared library?

Thanks for the response.
One issue - how do I set up the database access in the library EJB module?
After all, the same library could be used with multiple parent projects?
"Kevin Dean [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
davout wrote:

>I'm in the process of creating a library of common EJB classes and
>session/entity beans that we will reuse across all of our projects.
>
>Any ideas?

Put the common EJB JAR file into an EAR file with the other EJB JAR
files. You'll have to add it using the "External JAR files" tab of the
"EJB" node in the EAR properties.

As for the references, local references will still work. Add the
references to this library JAR file using the "EJB Local References"
node as usual, but fill in the type, local home, local, and JNDI name
manually.

--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.
www.datadevelopment.com/

NEW WHITEPAPERS
Securing Borland Enterprise Server

info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

{smallsort}

davout wrote:

Thanks for the response.

One issue - how do I set up the database access in the library EJB
module?

After all, the same library could be used with multiple parent
projects?

If you're using BES, you would configure the database connection in an
external jndi-definitions.xml file that would become part of the EAR.
The EJB JAR file would find the definition without any trouble.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.
www.datadevelopment.com/
NEW WHITEPAPERS
Securing Borland Enterprise Server
info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Re:How to incorporate EJB's from a shared library?

This is for JBoss 4.x
davout wrote:

>Thanks for the response.
>
>One issue - how do I set up the database access in the library EJB
>module?
>
>After all, the same library could be used with multiple parent
>projects?

If you're using BES, you would configure the database connection in an
external jndi-definitions.xml file that would become part of the EAR.
The EJB JAR file would find the definition without any trouble.

--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.
www.datadevelopment.com/

NEW WHITEPAPERS
Securing Borland Enterprise Server

info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Re:How to incorporate EJB's from a shared library?

davout wrote:

This is for JBoss 4.x

I'll have to leave that to one of the JBoss experts. I haven't used it
myself.