Column.setDefault("now") not working for Timestamp data type in JB9?

2004-01-21 07:33:53 AM
jbuilder19
Hello,
I just upgraded from Borland Jbuilder 4 to JBuilder 9 Developer.
I am running on a Sun Solaris 2.8 platform.
I have a column in a JdbTable that no longer works--it appears that the
setDefault("now") is no longer working for this column.
Here is some pertinent code:
Column columnCHEMLIST_AN_ENTRY_DATE = new Column();
columnCHEMLIST_AN_ENTRY_DATE.setDataType(com.borland.dx.dataset.Variant.TIMESTAMP);
columnCHEMLIST_AN_ENTRY_DATE.setDisplayMask("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss");
columnCHEMLIST_AN_ENTRY_DATE.setDefault("now");
columnCHEMLIST_AN_ENTRY_DATE.setEditable(false);
columnCHEMLIST_AN_ENTRY_DATE.setRequired(true);
columnCHEMLIST_AN_ENTRY_DATE.setSearchable(false);
queryDataSetCHEMLIST_AN.setColumns(new Column[] {columnCHEMLIST_AN_CBI, columnCHEMLIST_AN_ENTRY_DATE, columnCHEMLIST_AN_UPDATE_DATE, columnCHEMLIST_AN_RN, columnCHEMLIST_AN_AN});
When I do:
queryDataSetCHEMLIST_AN.refresh();
queryDataSetCHEMLIST_AN.insertRow(false);
to create a new row in my JdbTable, the ENTRY_DATE field doesn't contain any data.
It should contain the current system date/time.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Troy Evans
Chemical Abstracts Service
XXXX@XXXXX.COM