DbSwing on PostreSql (Urgent)

2004-09-20 06:06:50 PM
jbuilder10
I have an application connecting to postgresql 7.4.2 developed under
jbuilder 9.0
and used dbswing for database access.
I am using dbDisposeMonitor to release memory that i allocated while form is
closing.
and close connection after then.
but this wont reduses memory usage and after opening same form 5,6 times
it gives memory error and fails to open form.
i think dbswing controls does not release memory allocated.
how can i release all emory used by dbswing controls ?
can anybody help me with this problem ?
best regards..

Re:DbSwing on PostreSql (Urgent)

Ahmet wrote:
I have an application connecting to postgresql 7.4.2 developed under
jbuilder 9.0 and used dbswing for database access. I am using
dbDisposeMonitor to release memory that i allocated while form
is closing. and close connection after then.

but this wont reduses memory usage and after opening same form 5,6 times
it gives memory error and fails to open form. i think dbswing controls
does not release memory allocated.
Destroying objects when the last reference to it is gone does not always
lead to reduction in the amount of memory the JVM uses. However, in this
case, you must make sure you close queries and connections. The best way to
accomplish that is by explicitly closing them.
--
Ruurd

Re:DbSwing on PostreSql (Urgent)

even if i closed them and call GC it fails to decrearse memory
also i have dbDisposeMonitor and memory gives error after sometime.
any idea ?
"R.F. Pels" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Ahmet wrote:

>I have an application connecting to postgresql 7.4.2 developed under
>jbuilder 9.0 and used dbswing for database access. I am using
>dbDisposeMonitor to release memory that i allocated while form
>is closing. and close connection after then.
>
>but this wont reduses memory usage and after opening same form 5,6 times
>it gives memory error and fails to open form. i think dbswing controls
>does not release memory allocated.

Destroying objects when the last reference to it is gone does not always
lead to reduction in the amount of memory the JVM uses. However, in this
case, you must make sure you close queries and connections. The best way
accomplish that is by explicitly closing them.

--
Ruurd

{smallsort}