JToolbar and XP look and feel

2003-08-09 03:30:42 AM
jbuilder13
Does anybody know how to make buttons placed on the JToolbar to have XP type
border? I noticed that if I place a button on the JPanel I have button with
XP type, round conners border. If I place button on the toolbar there is no
XP border at all.
Alex

Re:JToolbar and XP look and feel

Alex Terehoff wrote:
Does anybody know how to make buttons placed on the JToolbar to have XP type
border? I noticed that if I place a button on the JPanel I have button with
XP type, round conners border. If I place button on the toolbar there is no
XP border at all.

Alex

Are you talking run-time or design-time? I know the XP L&F isn't
available at design-time, because the JDK which JBuilder is hosted on
doesn't have the XP L&F.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:JToolbar and XP look and feel

Runtime.
"Lori M Olson (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Alex Terehoff wrote:
>Does anybody know how to make buttons placed on the JToolbar to have XP
type
>border? I noticed that if I place a button on the JPanel I have button
with
>XP type, round conners border. If I place button on the toolbar there is
no
>XP border at all.
>
>Alex

Are you talking run-time or design-time? I know the XP L&F isn't
available at design-time, because the JDK which JBuilder is hosted on
doesn't have the XP L&F.

--

Regards,

Lori Olson (TeamB)

------------

question.

Google Advanced Newsgroup Search
www.google.ca/advanced_group_search
Other Newsgroup Searches:
Joi Ellis's FAQ-O-Matic:

Re:JToolbar and XP look and feel

Just my two cents...
You need to deploy with 1.4.2 for that to work. That's the version
that contains the XP L&F, IIRC.
Lori will either back me up (or calibrate me) on that one.

news:3f3909f1$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Alex Terehoff wrote:
>>Does anybody know how to make buttons placed on the JToolbar to have XP
type
>>border? I noticed that if I place a button on the JPanel I have button
with
>>XP type, round conners border. If I place button on the toolbar there is
no
>>XP border at all.
>>
>>Alex
>>

>Are you talking run-time or design-time? I know the XP L&F isn't
>available at design-time, because the JDK which JBuilder is hosted on
>doesn't have the XP L&F.
>
>--
>
>Regards,
>
>Lori Olson (TeamB)
>
>------------
>
>Save yourself, and everyone else, some time and search the
>newsgroups and the FAQ-O-Matic before posting your next
>question.
>
>Google Advanced Newsgroup Search
>www.google.ca/advanced_group_search
>Other Newsgroup Searches:
>www.borland.com/newsgroups/ngsearch.html
>Joi Ellis's FAQ-O-Matic:
>www.visi.com/~gyles19/fom-serve/cache/1.html

Save yourself some time and check these sites:
Borland Newsgroup Search:
Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic: