Jbuilder does not run anymore in my machine

2005-06-01 06:03:56 AM
jbuilder8
Today suddenly JBuilder began giving an exception giving the infamous
message that JBuilder.exe has detected a problem and must close itself. I
have uninstalled Jbuilder, uninstalled the Java machine, cleaned the
registry, reinstalled Jbuilder. No way, I still get the exception. I tried
to change some parameters i config files as Borland suggest without success.
Any hint?
CZ

Re:Jbuilder does not run anymore in my machine

It is possible that your workspace configuration got corrupted. Try
removing (or renaming) ~/.jbuilderXXX/workspace folder (~ - your home,
.jbuilderXXX - JBuilder configuration directory for your JBuilder version).
- Alexey.

--
Alexey N. Solofnenko {trelony at gmail.com}
home: trelony.cjb.net/

Re:Jbuilder does not run anymore in my machine

I did that. Same problem
"Alexey N. Solofnenko" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escribi?en el mensaje

--
Alexey N. Solofnenko {trelony at gmail.com}
home: trelony.cjb.net/

{smallsort}

Re:Jbuilder does not run anymore in my machine

Try running JBuilder in console mode with "-verbose" option and post the
exception here or try googling it.
- Alexey.
Carlos Zin wrote:
I did that. Same problem

news:429ce1a8$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

--
Alexey N. Solofnenko
home: trelony.cjb.net/

Re:Jbuilder does not run anymore in my machine

????
I ran it as you said and it loaded with no problem at all!! When I run
JBuilder without the -verbose option it crashes.
I suppose is something related to memory (I only have 512K) but the behavior
is very strange.
What do you think?

--
Alexey N. Solofnenko
home: trelony.cjb.net/

Re:Jbuilder does not run anymore in my machine

Now the main questions (never too late): what JBuilder are you using,
what is your computer properties (like video, CPU), have you tried
disabling java2d features in bin/jdk.conf?
- Alexey.
--
Alexey N. Solofnenko {trelony at gmail.com}
home: trelony.cjb.net/

Re:Jbuilder does not run anymore in my machine

2005 Enterprise
P4 1.8 GHz, 521 M ram, NVidia GForce4 MMX440, AGP 8x
These are settings in jdk.config
vmparam -Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false
vmparam -Dsun.java2d.noddraw
vmparam -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false
"Alexey N. Solofnenko" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escribi?en el mensaje
Now the main questions (never too late): what JBuilder are you using, what
is your computer properties (like video, CPU), have you tried disabling
java2d features in bin/jdk.conf?

- Alexey.
--
Alexey N. Solofnenko {trelony at gmail.com}
home: trelony.cjb.net/

Re:Jbuilder does not run anymore in my machine

I uninstalled JBuilder, removed home directory, reinstalled it.
All works fine now.
"Carlos Zin" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escribi?en el mensaje

news:429e135a$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

Carlos Zin wrote:
I uninstalled JBuilder, removed home directory, reinstalled it.
All works fine now.
This suggests to me that there was a problem with
the workspace settings which would have been easier
solved by removing the config file from the
<user home>/.jbuilder2005/workspaces folder.
(It may be useful to consult the archives because
others, including Bill Joy, have written about this
remedy.)
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives: