customize escape character \t

2006-06-27 04:44:29 PM
jbuilder4
Howdy,
We know the default number of spaces of escape
character \t is 8, can we set it to 4 or 2?
Thanks in advance
Chris

Re:customize escape character \t

Chris wrote:
We know the default number of spaces of escape
character \t is 8, can we set it to 4 or 2?
What are you asking? Are you asking how to
set the number of spaces a tab translates to
in the source code editor? If so, for *existing
projects*, set Project Properties>Basic Formatting>
Tab size to the value you prefer. Also set the same
value for tab size in the Java Formatting property page.
If you want to do this for all *new projects*, set the
same properties to the desired values in the Default
Project Properties dialog.
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives: