Re: Future of JBuilder? (at Borland?)

2005-02-18 03:18:28 AM
jbuilder17
David Orriss, Jr. [TeamB] wrote:
John Prestor wrote:

>Your disclaimer must come in very handy when you need to change your
>position on any topic, not just the future of JBuilder. <g>

;)
Most people don't expect to be wrong so often that they need a
pre-written disclaimer. YMMV.
--
JP

Re:Re: Future of JBuilder? (at Borland?)

Dave Nottage [TeamB] wrote:
John Prestor wrote:

>I'm not Borland PR either. Still, If I knew something interesting
>about Borland, and I were not under NDA, I'd say it. (I don't and
>I'm not.) Would that be inappropriate?

It would be inappropriate if it were something that was not public
already, eg if you found out from something leaked from the inside,
but then I'd leave that up to Borland's legal dept to advise you,
since I'm not in their legal dept, either.
By mentioning Borland's legal department you imply that it would be
actually illegal, not simply inappropriate, and then you turn around
and claim ignorance in this area. That's certainly a mixed message.
How would it be illegal for me to reveal something I knew about
Borland? I am not associated with Borland. Were I to learn something
from some Borland insider, it would be the Borland insider who would be
breaking their contract, not me.
--

John Prestor wrote:
>It would be inappropriate if it were something that was not public
>already, eg if you found out from something leaked from the inside,
>but then I'd leave that up to Borland's legal dept to advise you,
>since I'm not in their legal dept, either.

By mentioning Borland's legal department you imply that it would be
actually illegal
No, I imply that it *might* be.
, and then you turn around
and claim ignorance in this area.
That would be since I'm not in Borland's legal dept, nor am I a lawyer.
--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

{smallsort}

<John Prestor>wrote in message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Dave Nottage [TeamB] wrote:

>John Prestor wrote:
>
>>I'm not Borland PR either. Still, If I knew something interesting
>>about Borland, and I were not under NDA, I'd say it. (I don't and
>>I'm not.) Would that be inappropriate?
>
>It would be inappropriate if it were something that was not public
>already, eg if you found out from something leaked from the inside,
>but then I'd leave that up to Borland's legal dept to advise you,
>since I'm not in their legal dept, either.

By mentioning Borland's legal department you imply that it would be
actually illegal, not simply inappropriate, and then you turn around
and claim ignorance in this area. That's certainly a mixed message.

How would it be illegal for me to reveal something I knew about
Borland? I am not associated with Borland. Were I to learn something
from some Borland insider, it would be the Borland insider who would be
breaking their contract, not me.

You disclosing it to the outside world would be tantamount to industrial
espionage which is illegal.
It could also be facilitating insider trading in company stock which is
illegal.
Your source inside the company would be breaking his or her contract with
Borland which is illegal.

John Prestor wrote:
Most people don't expect to be wrong so often that they need a
pre-written disclaimer. YMMV.
The disclaimer is very tounge-in-cheek. YMMV.
--
David Orriss Jr. *TeamB*
www.davenet.net/

David Orriss, Jr. [TeamB] wrote:
John Prestor wrote:

>Most people don't expect to be wrong so often that they need a
>pre-written disclaimer. YMMV.

The disclaimer is very tounge-in-cheek. YMMV.
Tongue in cheek? Something else I think, but if I say too much you
will cancel my message like last time.
--

David Orriss, Jr. [TeamB] wrote:
The disclaimer is very tounge-in-cheek. YMMV.
Certainly something in something.
--
JP