Sorting - picklist columns

2004-02-23 11:56:48 PM
jbuilder6
Hello
I am having a problem trying to get a pick list column to sort correctly. The column sorts by the primary key int of the pick list table rather than the description field. I have noticed that when I press the column header of the table it sorts
correctly. Is there any way to call the same method that
the JdbTable uses?
Thanks
Berrick

Re:Sorting - picklist columns

In <403a22c0$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Berrick wrote:

Hello

I am having a problem trying to get a pick list column to sort
correctly. The column sorts by the primary key int of the pick list
table rather than the description field. I have noticed that when I
press the column header of the table it sorts correctly. Is there
any way to call the same method that the JdbTable uses?
This may be more of a dbswing question so you might repost there if
you do not get the help you need here.. That said, you can sort the
backend QueryDataSet (or whatever StorageDataSet you are using.. Lookup
StorageDataSet.setSort(new SortDescriptor(......));
John...
TeamB are volunteer helpers. Please DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL!
Post all questions and replies to this newsgroup ONLY
For papers on DataExpress, Applets, JSP, and Web Development go to:
www.microps.com/mps/papers.html